Channel Sales Engineer
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
In this key role, you will be a subject-matter expert and oversee the sales support of Imperva’s SecureSphere Web Application and Database Security/Compliance products to existing and prospective customers.
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Why Imperva? We have experienced the following growth and achievements
We have over 5,900 customers
500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
Imperva’s Web Application Firewall has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 6 straight years
Imperva Incapsula is a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Services with the highest score in the “current offering” category
In this role, the Channel Sales Engineer (SE) will work alongside the Channel Account Managers, as part of the EMEA Sales Team and oversee the sales support of Imperva’s SecureSphere Web Application and Database Security/Compliance products to existing and prospective channel partners with the assigned geographic region. The Channel SE is an integral part of the sales organization and assists the partners with pre-sales technical knowledge and presentations. They work closely with Account Managers and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, and working with partners at both a technical and business level to show how Imperva’s solutions can provide value to them.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and post sale installations when necessary.
- Manage the regional Imperva partner base on their technical needs.
- Plan, manage and execute partner product pilots.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field – REQUIRED
- 5+ years of experience in Network Security, Development, pre-sales Engineering, or real world use of Database and/or Web Application Solutions; preferably with 3+ of these as a Sales Engineer and experience working in a fast-paced vendor environment
- Possess a solid understanding of web applications, Database, Security, and auditing environments
- Knowledge in Databases (Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, DB2)
- Knowledge in Application Development (ASP, .NET, PHP, JSP)
- Experience with Linux
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load Balancers, Proxies and Firewalls
- Compliance standards knowledge (PCI, SOX, HIPAA) – an advantage
- Able to effectively present technical material to small and large groups
- Experience with Network or Application Firewalls and/or IDS/IPS – an advantage
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Fluent in English-written and verbally
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, employee stock purchase (ESP) programs, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Imperva protects and provides a secure foundation for our customers’ businesses. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for customers and protecting what matters most.
We as individuals and as a team strive every day to be a world-class, profitable growth company by executing on our Strategy, delivering on our Outcomes, living our Values and developing as Leaders.