The role will be responsible for extending Corporate & Institutional Banking’s sales penetration/ reach in Transactional banking with specific focus on Collections & payments, liquidity management, channel services – mobile & connectivity solutions, cards -commercial , pre-paid & bespoke solutions. Providing support to Corporate & Institutional Relationship Managers to help deepen our share of Transactional Banking wallet with focus on pipeline wins and rapid conversions/ implementation. This will entail client meetings and presentations, analyzing present customer processes and providing solutions.Developing – in conjunction with Product, Marketing & Technology teams – campaigns to increase the uptake and utilization of the bank’s digital channels. End to end implementation of the client on-boarding process onto the bank’s Transactional banking platforms and ensuring rollout & rapid commercialization of Products in liaison with Product, Marketing & Technology teams and thus provide a primary linkage with Corporate & Institutional Banking team.
The job holder will report to Head – Transactional Banking and will be responsible for.
- Acting as a senior source of professional expertise and have principal accountability for the strategic direction and implementation of the transactional banking portfolio of products and ensuring that they are fit for purpose and distributed and delivered properly to customers.
- Owning and being accountable for the revenue and cost drivers and the product performance for Transaction Banking products.
- Contributing to the overall growth of the Bank’s NFI and transactional customer base.
- Executing against approved budget/ Account plans for target clients with a specific focus on the client and cash management revenues.
- Client Implementation – completing customer implementations of electronic channels and other Bank projects, within the agreed timelines. Meeting the key milestones agreed with the customer on time. Achieving all the customer’s expected benefits & communicating implementation progress to Stakeholders.
- Sales Support – providing sales support to Relationship Managers (RMs) so as to secure the business of potential customers by working closely to propose and refine customer solutions. Supporting RFP/ Client requests processes. Identifying opportunities to differentiate I&M in the marketplace.
- Channels Development – Providing updates to the Channels team on customer feedback and requests for enhancement. Supporting new functionality testing. Identifying opportunities to develop Channels functionality to add value to customers.
- Transaction Banking Channels Commercialization – participating in Channels roll out and utilization campaigns. Contributing to and driving conversion campaigns.
- Client servicing – Responding to issues/requests escalated by Customers when using Cash Management Products.
- Providing advise to customers’ post implementation of Transaction Banking Products. Developing additional solutions for the customer and identify further opportunities to deepen our relationship/ wallet with clients.
- Tracking MIS on cash management products and managing utilization against Account plans/ client targets to ensure maximum benefit is obtained from using Cash Management Products.
- Managing and maintaining relationships with key/strategic stakeholders in Transactional Banking.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a Business related field from a recognized institution
(Master’s degree in Business, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution;- will be an added advantage)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma (CIM); and
- Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
- At least 8 years relevant experience, 3 of which should have been at supervisory level.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills;
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Strong people management skills;
- Strong negotiation and networking skills;
- Knowledge of banking processes, Bank’s products and services;
- Knowledgeable in accounting and credit analysis.
- Knowledge of the relevant markets
- Good performance track record in business development
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to drive performance and manage resources.
- Strong innovative and creative thinking skills;
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About I&M Bank
I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking. Started in 1974, it evolved from a community financial institution to a publicly listed major regional commercial bank offering a full range of corporate and retail banking services, 35 branches in Kenya and international operations in 3 other countries. I&M Bank is a dominant player in the Kenyan market that has been consistently growing, and is innovative in terms of the type and range of products and services it offers. CDC Group plc, a development finance institution wholly owned by the government of the United Kingdom owns approximately 10.68% of I&M Holdings, the holding company of I&M Bank Ltd. In addition, I&M Bank has a technical support agreement with International Finance Corporation for staff training, product development and risk management. I&M Bank also enjoys medium term foreign currency credit facilities from European Development Financial Institutions - Proparco, DEG and FMO. I&M Bank’s international correspondent banks include major multinational banks such as Bank One Ltd, Citibank NA, CommerzBank AG, Deutsche Bank AG, ICICI Limited Mumbai, Mashreq Bank PLC, Standard Bank of South Africa and Standard Chartered Bank NY. I&M Bank’s international network includes Bank One Limited (Mauritius), I&M Bank Tanzania Limited and I&M Bank Rwanda Specialties Banking Services, Commercial Banking, Asset Finance, Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, Investment Management Services, Diaspora Banking, Credit / Debit / Prepaid cards, Wealth Management