Country General Manager – Kenya
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
At Ilara Health, we equip a network of small, peri-urban healthcare providers with life-saving and essential diagnostic tools to improve the quality of medical care across sub-Saharan Africa. As informal businesses, these clinics and pharmacies lack access to the traditional financial services typically used by SMEs to support their growth. Through smart financing options, Ilara Health connects these small businesses to revenue generating diagnostic assets that enable them to both develop their business and improve the quality of care they provide to their patients.
Our underlying technology seamlessly integrates these devices into a single user-friendly patient management platform that communicates these test results as well as health insights and patient reminders for better quality care. This platform acts as a provider facing tool that provides clinics with flexible means to improve care outside of the facility through messaging channels and a simple patient portal, while simultaneously giving them the ability to collect and view complete data generated by their diagnostic devices.
You will be responsible for the growth of ILARA Health’s business across Kenya as a whole. The Country GM is by far the most demanding position ILARA Health has to offer – requiring talent, leadership, and an entrepreneurial drive.
This is first and foremost a role for a strong marketer, focusing on reaching new clients and extending the ILARA Health brand across the healthcare system in Kenya. Operational excellence, sales, growth, finance, customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, other supporting functions, all of these sit under the GM. Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. ILARA Health believes in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding the local market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on.
You enjoy challenges, are flexible, can work long / irregular hours (when needed), and you can deal with ambiguity / ever-changing demands on your time & productive capacity. You want to be an owner (stock options / long-term incentive compensation) and you aspire to ascend into a leadership role in a fast-growing start-up.
- 6+ years of consulting, investment banking, marketing, operations management experience or experience leading and building startups in the region, preferably in Kenya
- Proven track record of managing and growing $1m+ P&L
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get stuff done attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger
- Proven track record of establishing, optimizing, and running scalable processes across business units
- Experience in the healthcare/healthtech industry preferred but not required
- Live healthier than ever: employees are showered with healthcare benefits
- Work with a team of AAA entrepreneurs and professionals from all over the world
- Ground floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Make a difference – we are changing the way primary care is delivered in emerging markets
- Get access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that are actively engaged
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Ilara Health
Ilara Health brings accurate and affordable diagnostics to the 500 million people in Africa who today struggle to access a simple blood test. We distribute low-cost, AI-powered diagnostic devices directly to primary care doctors in peri-urban and rural clinics, where the availability of common diagnostics is very poor. Our proprietary software integrates all the devices that we distribute and enables the doctor to provide effective patient management. We use technology to bring light to a dark world of healthcare in a similar way technology has leapfrogged landlines, banking and electricity grids.