Regional Resident Engineer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field Engineering / Technical
The officer will be responsible to the PMO.
Duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Coordinate and Supervise project installations in the region. This should include among others:Oversee project schedules, and resources
- Prepare and Submit Regular and periodic reports of the project status
- Manage the Authorities contractor to ensure adherence to time and quality requirements
Organise and conduct project meetings
- Undertake design and installations of FTTx installations in the region
- Ensure all Telecoms AND civil works is done in accordance with ICTA Specifications, standards, processes, and procedures
- Identify training gaps and develop capacity development measures for team staff in the region
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
- Provide technical support and maintenance for Field Operations and government offices in the region.
- Ensure Environmental Health Safety (EHS) and Occupational Safety Heath Administration (OSHA) standards are adhered to onsite.
- Carry out regular project inspections to ensure that its implemented as per the scope, quality and specifications
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering or in any other related discipline from a recognized institution
- At least two (2) years proven relevant work experience on supervision of civil work
- Candidate’s with hands on experience in outside plant (OSP) and Inside plant (ISP) fiber installations are advantaged
- Membership to a relevant professional body
- Proficiency in analytical methods and willing to learn ICT related installations and supervision.
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Excellent planning, organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About ICT Authority
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology. The corporation was established in August 2013. The Authority is tasked with rationalising and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. Our broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication. We also promote ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Masterplan 2017. Vision Be the leader in transforming Kenya into a regional ICT hub and a globally competitive digital economy Mission To champion and harness ICT for efficient and effective public service delivery, wealth creation and well-being of Kenyans Core Values Our core values are: â—¾Integrity: We deliver what we promise by subscribing to the highest levels of efficiency, effectiveness, transparency and accountability â—¾Creativity: We provide solutions in innovative, imaginative and inspiring ways â—¾Teamwork: We work together as a team to meet our common goals, while appreciating each others’ talents â—¾Allegiance: We promote patriotism and protection of the environment while giving the best value for money invested in us ICT Authority Mandates The following are the functions of the ICT Authority: â—¾Set and enforce ICT standards and guidelines for the human resource, infrastructure, processes and system and technology for the public office and public service; and â—¾Deploy and manage all ICT staff in the public service; â—¾Facilitate and regulate the design, implementation and use of ICTs in the public service; â—¾Promote ICT literacy and capacity; â—¾Promote e-Government services; â—¾Facilitate optimal electronic, electronic form, electronic record and equipment use in public service; â—¾Promote ICT Innovation and enterprise; â—¾Establish, develop and maintain secure ICT infrastructure and systems â—¾Supervise the design, development and implementation of critical ICT projects across the public service. â—¾Implement and manage the Kenya National Spatial Data Initiative