International Environmental Specialists/Consultants
ICF is seeking in-country short-term consultants to support the effective implementation of USAID Environmental Procedures through adherence to international best practice environmental protection principles. These consultants will be located in Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America and Caribbean, and Middle East.
The Environmental Specialists will assess the potential for environmental, human health and social impacts during USAID activity development and implementation, and identify practical environmental protection and mitigation strategies, as required by USAID Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) procedures. The consultant will also assist with capacity building on environmental and social impact assessment.
- Conduct environmental and social impact assessments of USAID projects.
- Assess existing monitoring findings and evaluate efficacy of mitigation measures and propose adaptive measures to correct for initial flaws in design and to increase effectiveness of mitigation measures.
- Evaluate water usage, quality, and availability to support program, project, and activity planning and implementation.
- Assist in developing pesticide management plans.
- Coordinate with USAID operating units, resource agencies, and environmental and technical staff to prepare environmental documents and supporting technical studies for USAID projects.
- Manage multiple meetings with a variety of stakeholders.
- Always represent ICF to USAID stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field (e.g., natural resources management, environmental studies, environmental planning, environmental engineering, environmental management, chemistry, international development).
- At least seven years’ relevant technical experience working in developing countries.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of environmental and social impact analyses.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and presentation ability.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent organization, schedule, and budget management skills.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude and commitment to producing quality work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Fluency in English.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Founded in 1969 as the Inner City Fund, ICF got its start as a venture capital firm with a mission to finance inner-city businesses in the Washington, D.C area of the United States. C.D. Lester, a former Tuskegee Airman, was our first president and was joined in the firm by three U.S. Department of Defense analysts. Our consulting business proved more successful than our investments and in 1972 the firm was reorganized as a consulting firm and renamed ICF Incorporated.