Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldResearch / Data Analysis
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today’s most complex challenges, whether it’s discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience – it’s what IBMers do. In Africa, we’ve been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we’re looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
The researcher in this position will c onduct research in the field of machine learning, deep learning, and AI and its applications in specific domains such as agriculture, water, financial services, healthcare etc.
Develop generalizable and scalable AI and conversational architectures and systems applied to addressing the “big” challenges in Africa.
Efficiently implement algorithms and run experiments on real data (either small, big or zero data).
Build information machines and smart applications that enable humans to make better decisions and perform more efficiently in their tasks and allow for their swift integration into industry software components.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum: Masters’ level individuals who have strong software engineering skills with demonstrated experience in projects that use the AI/ML toolkits eg. Keras, tensorflow.
- Preferred: PhD’s with NLP, reinforcement learning and deep reinforcement learning, machine learning and artificial intelligence skills.
- Added advantage: experience managing teams, developing strategy for a project and leading projects.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- PhD in computer science but are open to related areas such as Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, etc Outstanding MSc graduates may also apply.
- Strong background in machine learning, deep learning and applied statistics.
- Hands on experience in writing code.
- Innovative thinking, creative and capable of thinking.
- Experience in Java and/or Python.
- Excellent academic track record in machine learning and/or natural language processing research.
- Strong publication record in top-tier conferences and journals.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About IBM Company
International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, United States, with operations in over 170 countries. Wikipedia