Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Our client a leading outpatient health service provider in Eastern Kenya seeks to recruit a Finance Manager who will provide leadership and professional knowledge, skills and abilities in finance and accounting to ensure outstanding financial and accounting services to the company.
Reports to: Managing Director
Levels of Authority:
- Direct reports: Credit controller, Claims & billing, Accounts & bookkeeping, ICT
- Resource management
- Cashflow management
- Debt management
- Financial risk & compliance
- Financial systems
- Management information system
- Budget control
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Overall management of finance, accounting and ICT in the company.
- Provide leadership & supervision of accounting, finance, and ICT staff
- Provide professional input for development and application of financial, accounting and ICT policies, procedures and guidelines in compliance with ISO quality systems standards
- Ensure appropriate financial and ICT control systems are established and maintained
- Ensure financial and ICT risks are identified, controlled, avoided, and reported if they occur
- Interpretation of financial statements and reports
- Sustain healthy company cash flow
- Provide effective leadership in credit & debt control management
- Work with MD/ CEO to formulate short to long-term financial strategies and plans
- Provide leadership for heads of department (HODs) to acquire skills in developing and managing annual departmental budgets.
- Develop budget follow-up timetable to ensure discipline of financial management by all budgeters
- Liaise with external auditors and consultants to ensure integrity of the hospital financial and ICT systems
- Develop good working relationships with: insurance companies, banks, auditors, KRA and other relevant institutions
- Produce regular, accurate & timely financial & ICT reports
- Presenting financial reports and information with clarity to investors and other stakeholders.
- Provide robust system for internal inventory & stock control and auditing
- Ensure well controlled & financial prudent procurement and inventory management system
- Ensure standard procurement practices are conducted within the hospital
- Ensure proper inventory and stock management in the facility
- Monitor and ensure prudent debt management for the organization
- Support HR in the recruitment of new accounts & finance staff.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing
- Ensure timely payment of suppliers and other partners
- Ensure compliance with KRA, NHIF, NSSF, Medical Board and other state/ regulatory bodies
- People ManagementCreate a culture of teamwork by empowering and enabling your team to enjoy working.
- Create an environment of employee happiness that achieves results through collaborative working.
- Provide professional advice to all HODs regarding budget development and control.
- Develop and sustain good working relationships with stakeholder e.g. Banks, Suppliers, investors etc
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance option) or equivalent qualifications
- Masters in Finance/ accounting, or business management/ administration is of added advantage
- CPA(K)/ACCA holder
- CFA(I/II) Holder (added advantage)
- Management/Leadership certification
- 5-years’ relevant work experience in accounts & finance in management within a reputable organization
Skills & Competencies Required
- Accounting and numeracy skills
- Effective communication – verbal, written and PPT
- Accuracy and decision making
- Cash flow management skills
- Problem solving skills & initiative
- Leadership and emotional intelligence skills
- Resources management skills
- Learning & self-improvement
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- ICT savvy
- Decision making
- Report writing and presentation skills
Expected Performance Standards
- Provide accurate & timely Finance and Accounting monthly reports by the 5th of every month
- Ensure accurate financial information is recorded on the Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) at all times
- Ensure credit receivables days is kept within target of <90 days
- Provide monthly budgets & budget variance is kept below 5%
- Ensure 6 monthly external audits are performed
- Ensure adequate supplies are available in the hospital and all stocks are properly managed
- Ensure ICT systems are functional, updated and backed up at all times
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number with Finance Manager-Healthcare on the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.
About Human Capital Synergies Africa Ltd
Human Capital Synergies (HCS) Africa is a Nairobi (Kenya) based, human resources professional services provider. Its two Directors, Ms. Veronica Anam and Ms Njoki Mwihia jointly hold over 40 years of combined experience working in the United States and various African countries. Their joint experiences encompass a range of human resources facets as well as general administration and communications. HCS Africa’s primary target market includes small and medium entrepreneurs and non-governmental organizations spanning the African continent. Its secondary target markets comprise large organizations, government departments, parastatals and multinationals that we service jointly through our local, regional and global strategic preferred partners and alliances.