Internal Control & Risk Officer
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Reporting to: Head of Finance
To review all internal processes, procedures, systems and policies and make recommendations to optimize operational efficiency ensure the risk to the business is minimized with a view to delivering improvements by advising and coaching.
Develop and implement ant-fraud programs designed to detect, prevent and eliminate fraud.
Responsible for implementing, directing and overseeing the auditing and compliance programs.
Serves as liaison for all external audit and regulatory agencies.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and update the company finance and operation’s policies and procedures in liaison with HODs and ensure their implementation and evaluate compliance and propose any modifications as needed.
- Reviews and appraises the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of standard operating procedures and controls and ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
- Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard organization assets.
- Conduct risk assessment of all departments and develop a corporate and departmental risk registers
- Plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan
- Report risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified to the leadership team and provide recommendations for improving the organization’s operations.
- Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and ensure adoptions of the industry’s best practice
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved.
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures and ensure the organization’s readiness in case of business interruption
- Evaluate regulatory compliance program
- Provides support to the company’s anti-fraud programs.
Experience and Attributes:
- Educated to degree level in a business-related field or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, auditing or Business Management in an FMCG in a manufacturing industry.
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to address issues and effect change
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all times
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable approach to shift patterns and hours of work, ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- Excellent commercial and financial awareness
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and resilient character with the ability to manage expectations
- Ability to work independently
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Highlands Mineral Water Company
Highlands Mineral Water Company Limited, established in 1954, is one of the pioneers of the soft drinks industry in Kenya. Our product range includes Highlands bottled water, Highlands Cordials, CLUB carbonated soft drinks and RIO ready-to-drink juices. All Highlands products are quality certified by the Kenyan Bureau of Standards.