Temporary Communications Officer
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
HelpAge International seeks to hire a Communications Officer on fixed term basis, to support work in the Africa Regional Hub in line with the specifications noted below. The temporary position will be based in Nairobi for an initial period of 6 months. Work at HelpAge International will expose qualified applicants to communications and other aspects of development and humanitarian work. Benefits of work at HelpAge include a great hands-on learning experience in a well-established international organization, exposure to a professional staff team, and the ability to network with a wide variety of individuals.
Qualified candidates will be/have:
- A degree in Communication with a strong bias and experience in engaging social media for change. A lower qualification in Communication with at least five years post qualification experience; OR an undergraduate degree in Social Sciences with proven skills and qualifications in Communication and/or Social Media Engagement will be considered.
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), blogging, and supporting applications (HootSuite, WordPress, etc.)
- Familiarity with social media analytics.
- Graphic design experience and ability to use editing software and apps to produce social media content (Canva, Adobe Photoshop, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google Docs, and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Social Media & Microsoft Office tools.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and cover letter detailing how they meet the criteria for this role by 18th October, 2020. Please do not email any of your personal details (such as date of birth, ID number, marital status, religion etc)
About HelpAge International
HelpAge International (www.helpage.org) is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and/or internationally.