Software Engineer – ML (Machine Learning Engineer)
- Develop and maintain high-performance, high-availability production level algorithms based on statistical modeling procedures and machine learning models to analyze the quality and performance of data and data pipelines
- Develop algorithms to analyze multiple large structured & unstructured datasets to extract insights and relationships within and between them
- Develop algorithms for outlier detection, missing value imputation etc across various types of structured & unstructured datasets
- Liaise with stakeholders to analyze business problems, clarify requirements and define the scope of the resolution needed
- 5+ years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics or a related field
- Strong understanding of statistics, mathematics
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms, system design etc)
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members across functional roles with strong communication and leadership skills
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks and libraries (tensorflow, scikit-learn, keras etc)
- Ability to work in Python, Java, Scala or C++
- Knowledge of distributed computing systems/frameworks (apache spark etc)
- Passion for solving high impact problems with data driven tools
- Experience working with geospatial data and/or Data Engineering
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi and New York City. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Gro Intelligence
Gro Intelligence is changing the way the world understands agriculture. By structuring and interpreting the world’s agricultural data, we make complex analysis simple and accessible. Our cloud-based software, Gro, pulls every scattered bit of data related to food and agriculture and classifies it using a common language, transforming fragmented data into information. Its analytic capabilities and intuitive visualizations make it easy to discover, examine and understand relevant information. Previously teams of highly trained experts required weeks and specialized software to gather and comb through such data. Today, Gro makes this information searchable to anyone in minutes. Gro arms global policy makers, investors and corporates with the clarity and insight they need to make smarter decisions and uncover new opportunities. By making information easily accessible, Gro is transforming the way agricultural markets work. Gro Intelligence is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Nairobi, Kenya. Sara Menker serves as CEO.