Senior Operations Analyst
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldResearch / Data Analysis
The Role: Senior Operations Analyst, reporting to the Chief Operations Officer
As the Senior Operations Analyst, you will be analysing data and information to identify opportunities for operational improvements. Work closely with the Operations Team to achieve outcomes based on company goals. Assist in automating processes related to logistics, inventory management, retail, KPI reporting, and after sales services. Recommend, update policies and procedures to improve performance. Enhance workflow and cross-departmental engagements. Collaborate with the sales and tech team to improve cost-effectiveness across all platforms. Create regular reports to management on key findings and assessments. Keep updated on industry and market trends.
- Build and recommend innovative solutions that optimize resources and costs by gathering data and understanding of operational processes
- Reporting: Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements. Build BI visualization reports that transmit actionable, informative information throughout the organization. Provide timely scheduled management reporting.
- Automate core processes that manages and handles a distributed supply chain
- Independently think through and dive deep into complex operational requirements and work with cross functional teams to arrive at sustainable solutions.
- Drive Operational Efficiency: Create monitoring systems that track KPIs including meeting delivery, service level timelines, productivity, inventory accuracy, and production cycles
- Systems and process design: Coordinate with technology teams to ensure company systems including applications meet business needs.
- Standardization across markets: Ensure consistent reporting are being implemented throughout the region.
Open to travel outside Nairobi at least 20% of the time
- Any other business: Any other business as assigned by your supervisor
The ideal candidate has:
- Top marks at a top 5 Regional or Globally recognized University with a degree in operations, business administration, engineering, or other relevant discipline.
Advanced degree is welcome
- Highly analytical with high degree of competency in Excel/Google Sheets, BI software (Looker, Microsoft BI, Tableau) and other analytical tools
- Knowledge and working experience of ERP systems (SAP R3, Oracle, etc.)
- Critical Thinker: Very strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with qualities of being able to work independently and figure things out with innovative thinking, problem-solving skills and presence of mind.
- Track record of success in their role e.g. fast promotion, demonstrable experience in exceeding results in their role
- Excellent communication skills, energy, and the ability to handle challenges at a rapidly growing organization
- Passionate about working with rural, off-grid consumers and resolving their issues.
- Driven by the social mission to provide energy to consumers and employment to rural communities. Should be a values driven individual.
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers competitive compensation, annual performance reviews, weekly professional development chats, a fun, supportive work environment, free lunch, medical insurance, workplace accident scheme, and opportunities for continued professional career growth within a fast-growing global enterprise. Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people: We do not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Greenlight Planet
Greenlight Planet is on a mission to revolutionize rural energy access for the 1.5 billion off-grid villagers who use dirty, dangerous kerosene lanterns for light. In four years we've sold 1.6 million solar lights to off-grid families in South Asia and Africa— all paid for up-front, in cash— the latter 1 million customers acquired over the past year. Our products were recognized recently as 'the best solar lamp' in the Economist. Uniquely, we sell our life-changing Sun King solar home lights to off-grid families in India and Africa through a massive direct sales force of trusted, village-level sales agents that penetrate deeply into rural markets to promote our products home to home and build trust in our brand at a micro level. Today 5,000 active Saathis bring clean, safe light to > 40,000 new off-grid homes each month. We're now expanding our distribution network from three states to the whole of rural India and East Africa, an under-penetrated market of half a billion emerging consumers. And we are releasing more trustworthy, aspirational products to keep our network busy. Specialties Rural marketing, Solar lighting, India, Africa