Senior Analyst / Associate Manager, Process Excellence
Job Type Full Time
Experience 1 year
Job Field Administration / Secretarial
How Sun King EasyBuy Products Work:
Sun King Energy Officers (or the Field Agents) are tasked to visit their communities and household (Door-to-Door) to demonstrate and sell Sun King EasyBuy Solar Products, every day. Customers can purchase a Sun King EasyBuy Solar Home Systems and other products from the Energy Officers, by making a small down-payment and agreeing to pay the remainder of the amount in installments over a pre-agreed period of time. Energy Officers are also responsible to ensure that the Customers make the payment to Greenlight Planet, using the multiple available avenues that Greenlight Planet makes available to them.
Customers make small, affordable periodic payments (at a standard daily rates established & pre-agreed for each product) to purchase light for a number of days. Their solar products will turn off automatically once the amount they have paid for, is exhausted until another recharge is done. Once the product is fully paid off, it is unlocked and customers can enjoy unlimited access to the product without any further payments. Area Business Manager is accountable for establishing and growing the channel of Energy Officers and ensure that the units are sold, the money.
The Role & Opportunity:
The Senior Analyst or Associate Manager, Process Excellence, will have a leading role in helping to reshape critical business process across the organization.
They will join at the leadership level of a new team with an ambitious agenda to deliver step change performance improvement across critical business functions like Sales, Operations, Training Depts, Call Centres, HR, etc. They will report to the Process Excellence Leader. They will benefit from world-class professional development opportunities and get unparalleled exposure across a Solar Company delivering life changing products to customers across Africa and Asia.
The team oversees and executes approximately 15 projects at a time, and as a Senior Analyst or Associate Manager you would be responsible for managing 2-4 projects and up to 2 Analysts. Some recent engagements have included: Redesign of sales process; cost reduction opportunities identification and implementation; Vendor scan, pilot and scale implementation of an online training platform; development and execution of a cross-functional Continuous Improvement Yellow Belt course.
- Scope, manage, execute and report on special projects driving step change improvement across the business
- Business Process Analysis: Conduct analysis of existing business processes & systems through observation, interviews, data analysis, etc. Summarize and succinctly present findings to your supervisor and other leaders in Greenlight Planet
- Process design, redesign and vetting: Work with your supervisor and project sponsors to design critical business processes that deliver increased revenue, reduce cost, or qualitative improvements like customer satisfaction.
- Design processes with strong controls and KPI measurement.
Pilot and/or lead scale implementation of new processes & systems: Work with project sponsors to prototype new processes or business improvements; project manage for successful implementation; collect data & feedback on performance; roll-out changes to all country operations.
- Prepare client ready documentation: Prepare crisp and polished documentation of new systems including process documents, reporting dashboards [excel, looker, BI etc.] training materials, presentations etc.
- Training: Conduct trainings with junior, and senior field and office based staff members transferring knowledge and excellent implementation of new processes
- Field Visits: Conduct field visits with EB operations across East Africa
- Any other business: Any other business as assigned by your supervisor
The ideal candidate has:
- Top marks at a top 5 Regional or Globally recognized University with a degree in commerce, engineering, sciences, education or other relevant discipline.
- Advanced degree is welcome
- 3+ years (Senior Analyst) / 5+ years (Associate Manager) experience in a strategy or operational consulting role from a top regional or global consulting firm or business.
- 1+ years (Senior Analyst) / 3+ years (Associate Manager) experience in project & team management
- 1+ years (Senior Analyst) / 3+ years (Associate Manager) experience training teams
- Highly analytical with high degree of competency in Excel/Google Sheets, BI software (Looker, Microsoft BI, Tableau) and other analytical tools [this will be tested, do not apply if you do not have these skills]
- Critical Thinker: Very strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with qualities of being able to work independently and figure things out with innovative thinking, problem-solving skills and presence of mind.
- Track record of success in their role e.g. fast promotion, demonstrable experience in exceeding results in their role
- Ambitious, works hard and works smart (efficiently) wants to supercharge their professional development
- Excellent communication skills able to distill information and understand the way to communicate to different audiences to get results
- Demonstrates humility
- Passionate about working with rural, off-grid consumers and resolving their issues.
- Driven by the social mission to provide energy to consumers and employment to rural communities. Should be a values driven individual.
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers competitive compensation, annual performance reviews, weekly professional development chats, a fun, supportive work environment, free lunch, medical insurance, workplace accident scheme, and opportunities for continued professional career growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people: We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Greenlight Planet
Greenlight Planet is on a mission to revolutionize rural energy access for the 1.5 billion off-grid villagers who use dirty, dangerous kerosene lanterns for light. In four years we've sold 1.6 million solar lights to off-grid families in South Asia and Africa- all paid for up-front, in cash- the latter 1 million customers acquired over the past year. Our products were recognized recently as 'the best solar lamp' in the Economist. Uniquely, we sell our life-changing Sun King solar home lights to off-grid families in India and Africa through a massive direct sales force of trusted, village-level sales agents that penetrate deeply into rural markets to promote our products home to home and build trust in our brand at a micro level. Today 5,000 active Saathis bring clean, safe light to > 40,000 new off-grid homes each month. We're now expanding our distribution network from three states to the whole of rural India and East Africa, an under-penetrated market of half a billion emerging consumers. And we are releasing more trustworthy, aspirational products to keep our network busy. Specialties Rural marketing, Solar lighting, India, Africa