Junior Business Analyst – Nairobi
As a data analyst you will be a part of the Global Analytics and Technology team of Greenlight Planet. You will be working with the different departments including commercial, marketing, finance, operations etc to provide better access to the data. You will be extracting, cleaning, managing and transforming huge amounts of data. You will be responsible for building reports and dashboards to help the teams make informed business decisions.
Key responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Data management: Create, maintain and structure data tables within our data warehouse and through existing data pipelines to serve company wide reporting.
- Dashboarding and Reporting: Identifying and delivering on new reporting capabilities. Take reporting tasks from idea to implementation. Communicate complex metrics in a visually intuitive manner to business users
- Ad-hoc analysis : Perform ad-hoc analysis on different problem statements to generate actionable insights to different stakeholders. Typical analysis types include analyzing trends across channel, product mix, geography, sales rep, customer segments, sales effectiveness, churn analysis, incentive compensation reporting and customer segmentation.
Skills & Qualifications
- Freshers from Tier I,II colleges ( engineering/statistics/any other quantitative domain) or candidates with 1 year of experience in data warehousing, dashboarding/reporting
- Attention to detail, critical thinking and data driven nature are essential qualities for the role
The following skills are a plus especially for experienced candidates:
- Knowledge of SQL for extraction and manipulation of data
- Python programming knowledge
- Intermediate excel skills for answering business questions quickly
- Experience of Mode/Looker/Qlikview/Tableau
- Experience/basic understanding of typical analyses
- If you are a driven, committed, passionate professional who wants to become part of a compelling social venture that is solving the energy problem in a big way, we want to hear from you. Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-moving global enterprise. Instead of measuring time spent on a task, we measure and reward results delivered.
We seek to foster our team’s diversity, in terms of culture and life experiences. We especially encourage women, sexual and gender minorities, people with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Greenlight Planet
Greenlight Planet is on a mission to revolutionize rural energy access for the 1.5 billion off-grid villagers who use dirty, dangerous kerosene lanterns for light. In four years we've sold 1.6 million solar lights to off-grid families in South Asia and Africa— all paid for up-front, in cash— the latter 1 million customers acquired over the past year. Our products were recognized recently as 'the best solar lamp' in the Economist. Uniquely, we sell our life-changing Sun King solar home lights to off-grid families in India and Africa through a massive direct sales force of trusted, village-level sales agents that penetrate deeply into rural markets to promote our products home to home and build trust in our brand at a micro level. Today 5,000 active Saathis bring clean, safe light to > 40,000 new off-grid homes each month. We're now expanding our distribution network from three states to the whole of rural India and East Africa, an under-penetrated market of half a billion emerging consumers. And we are releasing more trustworthy, aspirational products to keep our network busy. Specialties Rural marketing, Solar lighting, India, Africa