The overall purpose of this job is to provide high level, confidential administrative support to the office of the Chief Executive Officer.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Make appointments and plan the Chief Executive Officer’s diary/calendar and ensure adherence to the firm’s annual calendar;
- Arrange travel bookings, hotel, transportation, visas and coordinate with any external parties as required for the same including travel agents, hotels and transport services;
- Monitor tasks delegated by the Chief Executive Officer to ensure timely completion and quality is maintained;
- Organize conferences, meetings and provide support to international visitors;
- Coordinate meetings and conferences schedules, venue, teleconference, presentation equipment and other requirements including food and refreshments;
- Prepare accurate expenses report and coordinate payment of any expenses incurred by the Chief Executive Officer promptly and in due time;
- Collect and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondences in absence of the Chief Executive Officer and ensure all urgent correspondence or inquiries are either dealt with or forwarded to the Chief Executive Officer;
- File all documents concerning visitor’s personal data and the details of their visit in order to provide the necessary information when required;
- Prepare agenda and briefings for meetings, appointments, events and any other materials needed to be distributed in advance of the meetings;
- Prepare and print materials and presentations; coordinate with external event organizers on logistics and communicate needs on behalf of Chief Executive Officer and Board;
- Collect, compile and organize presentations and meeting materials for the Chief Executive Officer;
- Build and manage key relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist with projects the Chief Executive Officer’s might be working on by researching or writing reports;
- Requisition and control stationery items for the Chief Executive Officer’s office to ensure availability and accountable use;
- Receive and submit documents requiring the Chief Executive Officer’s attention and/or approval and dispatch the same to relevant departments upon approval;
- Receive and disseminate Chief Executive Officer’s communication to relevant audiences as directed by the Chief Executive Officer;
- Degree in a Business related field;
- Accounting knowledge is an added advantage
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in an Audit firm;
- Excellent administrative skills;
- Must be able to meet the demands of an ever-changing business environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs , stating the subject heading “PERSONAL ASSISTANT” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Grant Thornton Kenya
With 11 partners and more than 130 team members, our firm dates back nearly 30 years. We have deep links with the Kenyan business community and in-depth knowledge of the market. We are particularly strong in our tax consultancy services. Many new entrants to the Kenyan and African emerging markets choose us as their financial partners to give them a solid foundation in an exciting new area of business opportunity. We set ourselves high standards in delivering value to clients, in a timely manner. In our latest survey (January 2012), our clients said they appreciated our friendly and personalised attention to them and the prompt, professional and reliable advice and support they could count on from us. We look forward to helping you grow your business. You could say it’s our instinct. Global scale and agility As a $4.7bn global organisation of member firms with 40,000 people in over 130 countries, we have the scale to meet your changing needs, but with the insight and agility that helps you to stay one step ahead. Privately owned, publicly listed and public sector clients come to us for our technical skills and industry capabilities but also for our different way of working. Our partners and teams invest the time to truly understand your business, giving real insight and a fresh perspective to keep you moving. Whether a business has domestic or international aspirations, Grant Thornton can help you to unlock your potential for growth. Global organisation Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading organisations of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. We help dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Proactive teams, led by approachable partners in these firms, use insights, experience and instinct to solve complex issues for privately owned, publicly listed and public sector clients. Over 32,000 Grant Thornton people, across 100 countries, are focused on making a difference to clients, colleagues and the communities in which we live and work. Reason and instinct Business decisions are rarely black and white. Dynamic organisations know they need to apply both reason and instinct to decision-making. We are Grant Thornton and this is how we advise our clients every day. There will be times when clients need our rigour to test whether their instinct is the right one, and other times when we can bring insightful ideas and options to the table that may not have been considered. The real benefit for dynamic organisations is more meaningful and forward-looking advice that can help unlock their potential for growth. Unlocking potential We believe that sustaining long term growth in successful organisations means looking at many different aspects of the business simultaneously. Financial measures, operational efficiency, new ways of working and stakeholder relationships all must grow together if dynamic organisations are to fully achieve their objectives.