Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 – 7 years
Job Field Project Management
To provide driving and logistical services to Gold Star (GS Kenya). Maintain the organizations’ vehicles in a clean and serviceable condition perform minor preventive maintenance and safety checks on a daily basis and inform the supervisor of discrepancies. The incumbent will be based in Samburu.
- Drives staff and visitors to meetings and appointments with due caution and courtesy as assigned.
- Maintains vehicle in good condition, including cleaning inside and outside of the vehicle and engine check-up.
- Ensures proper fluid levels, good tire condition, and insurance certificates are up to date.
- Ensures current driving license for self and appropriate licensing, inspections and registrations for vehicles.
- Assists with logistical matters, e.g., deliveries, visa applications, picking up and collecting mail from post office and other errands as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of counties and its surrounding areas where project will have presence, streets neighborhoods, airports and government offices. MUST BE A SAMBURU LOCAL.
- Skilled and experienced safe driver with valid driver’s license and no history of responsibility for accidents.
- Ability to lift heavy packages and moves furniture.
- Ability to maintain vehicles in good condition.
- Basic knowledge of First Aid.
- Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Able to report to work and maintain time schedule and work extra hours as needed.
- Willingness and interest in supporting program and goals.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal supervision. MINIMUM
- Secondary school ‘O’ level graduate or relevant vocational training certification with over 5-7 years of relevant experience; plus, a minimum of five years working with a public or private organization operating motor vehicles professionally.
- Must have a good working knowledge of English with ability to understand spoken and written English well and Kiswahili.
- Must have a current, valid driving license with an excellent driving record showing no history of responsibility for accidents.
- Must be in possession of a current and valid certificate of good conduct within the year.
- Maintains a good awareness of the existing traffic rules and regulations under NTSA.
- Must have undertaken an eye test with certification.
- Good knowledge of the counties and its surrounding areas.
- Experience driving for a diplomatic mission or NGO is an added advantage
- Prefer experience with medium-to-large sized international organization.
- Experience must reflect knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Please quote the job title provided on the subject line while sending your application to be received by 18th September 2020.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
About Gold Star Kenya (GS Kenya)
Gold Star Kenya (GSK) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GSK was born out of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya. GSK implements health related projects in Kenya.