Value Stream Leader
Posted Date: May 17 2021
Job Purpose Statement:
The Value stream leader role exists to ensure production activities, staff, processes and value stream support functions are actively engaged in Manufacturing and supply of the product necessary to meet customer demand.
As a key member of the extended leadership team, the value stream leader is accountable for :
- Providing effective training to the workforce and ensures safety and quality standards are maintained at all times in the stream.
- Work alongside with the Site functions to deliver stream production plan to meet service, quality, safety and financial standards.
- Ensure optimal utilization of the manufacturing systems and resources to deliver the business expectations in the value stream.
- The purpose of the FLL Lead role is to plan, prepare, and facilitate the diagnosis, design and implement stages of the FLL implementation model across the whole site. The role will be responsible to the Site Production Lead and
- Site Leadership Team to effect a change in the role of the FLL at site and work with the leadership team to ensure these changes are embedded and grow for the future.
- Planning to achieve a site wide change with this leadership group will require Leadership of Change management.
- The role may include aspects on Organisation Redesign which will be supported by HR. Aspects to be delivered require close partnership working with GPS and HR.
Essential Job Responsibilities: this is divided into essential components aligned to the business needs, and included operational as well as strategic scope within the Job requirement
1. Fundamentals (Safety, Quality, people and Process)
- Ensure all activities carried out comply with relevant site GMP and EHS requirements.
- Ensure appropriate training and development of production personnel to maximise output and minimise risk in terms of product quality, product loss, waste and occupational health and safety and environment concerns.
- Responsible for the development of staff through the PDP process
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success
- Responsible for employee relations within production function and others support units within the business. 2.
- Planning and Performance management – a site wide plan for the Implementation, measuring achievement against the plan and reporting resulting business performance levels
- Create a high level site plan and ensure agreement and buy in from the Site Leadership Team. The plan will include all aspects associated with the Implementation e.g. Change Management, Communications, phasing of
- Implementation by area etc.
- Conduct the Site Impact Assessment process including identification of any potential Organisation Design changes that will be required e.g. span of control requirements
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the FLL Framework and align the site plan to each section within the Framework
- Work with the Site aligned Buddy and Central team to ensure best practise and standard tools are used
- Develop and agree lead and lag indicators for each area of Implementation, and the site
- Build Governance of the Implementation into the Site GPS Council. This should cover plan adherence, impact on performance and escalation of issues for resolution
- In developing the plan engagement for all staff in the nature of the change and the plan to achieve this
3. Strategic Alignment & Sustainability
- Provide leadership, strategic and operation direction to production Value streams
- Deliver OEE expectations and sustainable productivity according to the agreed targets
- Supports projects selection through understanding of the financial business drivers
- Be an active and visible production coach to production personnel.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns
- Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups impacted by the change
- Work with the projects team and financial lead to ensure financial discipline on Budgeting and spend for the proposed initiatives.
- Responsible for value stream performance with regard to profit and budget targets. Manage the production budget and plan and review the operating costs (OPEX) particularly with regard to production efficiency, output, quality, costs, time available, labour requirements, planning production programs and control activities, inventory levels, customer service and compliance (Occupational Health Safety & Environment)
- Manage the end-to-end process for new pack introductions, manufacturing operations plan and business activities for the achievement of short, medium and long-term strategic and operating objectives.
4. Leading and facilitating the Implementation – covering prepare, diagnose, design and implement phases for each area of the site against the plan
- Lead an engaging approach to each of the phases working with the local area manager and the FLLs in the area
- Preparation and facilitation of workshops to develop solutions for implementation including feedback to key stakeholders
- Engaging the support functions on the workshops and outcomes including any changes required within the support function
- Review outcomes for impact on the site and other planned changes
- Conducting analysis using GPS tools and techniques with the FLLs and remotely
- Coaching managers and role modelling the expected behaviours and standards for all FLLs
- Work with SMEs on issue resolution e.g. Organisation redesign, Capability gaps identification process etc.
5. Sustainable Change – ensuring that the areas on site have a robust process that will be sustainable for the future
- Working with the Site Leadership Team to ensure that Process Confirmation is in place from SLT level throughout the site
- Scripted diaries are established for FLL +1, +2 and beyond if required
- Coach leaders to undertake process confirmation on the FLL Implementation
- Undertake a sample of Gemba’s as part of the Check and Adjust stage of the Implementation
- Propose any additional actions or issues that need to be resolved to enable the change to be sustained
- Support the identification of further capability gaps as required with SMEs providing input on how the gaps will be closed
- Develop an exit plan to ensure that the change is now owned by the area managers rather than the FLL Lead
High Performance Behaviours:
- Customer Focus
- Creating Business Solutions
- Sense of Urgency
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Enable and Drive Change Competencies: (Expertise and Knowledge) Indicate technical and business skills, knowledge and education required to perform the role; separate by basic and preferred
- Effective influencing skills at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Strong facilitations skills
- Strong customer focus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity, multiple projects, continual changing or priorities and confidentiality
- Operate with a strong sense of integrity, ethics, responsibility and commitment
- Excellent organizational skills; excellent `active’ listening skills
- Able to provide workable business solutions within the site strategic intent
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadline.
- Analysis and Problem Assessment
- Planning and Organizing
- Act with Integrity
- Desire and ambition to Improve Systems and Process
- Ability to manage multi-disciplines ‘around the clock’ operations
- Strategic Thinker : – ability to think outside the box
- Dedicated & Persistent
- Team Leader
- High commitment to Quality
- Ability to communicate to all levels of team structure to enable and drive change
- Graduate in Engineering ,Pharmacy or Sciences Preferred
- Sound knowledge/experience across all areas of business
- Manufacturing experience/background preferable pharmaceuticals and/ or FMCH organizations.
- Strong understanding of financial requirements of the business
- Excellent track records of application of OE Tools
- Extensive production management experience in a modern results driven manufacturing organization
- Experience in high quality manufacturing, preferably batch processing
- Experience in multi-product operations
- Understanding of Labour Relations
- Experience with people management
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK)
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. As one of the few healthcare companies researching both medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, we are very proud to have developed some of the leading global medicines in these fields. Our product portfolio also includes a range of consumer brands, many of which are household names around the world, including Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Horlicks, Panadol and Tums. Specialties Pharmaceutical products, Vaccines, Consumer healthcare products