Lead EHS Specialist
Job Description Summary
Roles will typically be aligned to specific businesses or sectors. Individuals will generally either be located at, and only support, a specific site or project (including construction), or have a role that requires specific industry/business expertise or interaction with specific business customers. This category will include those EHS professionals involved in designing for EHS” (NPI), individuals responsible for customer or industry engagement, and EHS professionals working at customer sites or projects (generally not managing teams of EHS professionals or regions).
Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day EHS support for service activities and projects and currently tend to report into a specific sector or P&L and cover this sector or P&L only. They are equivalent to plant level EHS professionals and provide immediate, direct support to field service employees that work at customer sites. Their jobs include things like training, inspections, customer interaction around planning and job execution. They are the first line contact for the field service engineers as they manage day to day EHS issues in service work. They typically do not have any direct reports.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- 4 – 6 years advanced experience in the Environmental Health & Safety and Services in Wind Power generation Projects
- Global Wind Organization (GWO) Training
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality around the world. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, GE Healthcare is a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employees are committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries.