Africa Project Coordinator, Heat-stable Carbetocin Ferring
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Role Purpose Statement
Execute and coordinate the project implementation activities related to all stages of the introduction of Heat-stable Carbetocin Ferring to the public market in Sub-Saharan Africa (Not-for-profit Project CHAMPION) at the regional and country level. Collaborate and align with Global / local teams, global distribution partner, designated stakeholders, and healthcare authorities. Enable Project CHAMPION to succeed and achieve its 2030 Vision and 2020 Objectives.
Main Accountabilities (duties, responsibilities)
- Interact with public health authorities, reproductive health faculty specialists/organizations within the region on the matters of post-partum hemorrhage
- Support Carbetocin Ferring related advocacy and access initiatives, as required by the Global Project.
- Drive initiatives of high local significance for the region (e.g. tender management, logistics, etc.), in collaboration and coordination with global distribution partner, to support sustainable implementation of Carbetocin Ferring in the public sector.
- Lead on local research, to support early introduction of Carbetocin Ferring into tenders in the countries according to the introduction sequence.
- Ensure compliance within the regions’ countries of all activities, including proper approvals of initiatives.
- Communicate and cooperate with the Global and local committee members to support pre-implementation and post-implementation programs.
- Efficient and effective Operations budget and resource planning and tracking.
- Scientific background – Master’s degree or higher in Medical / Public health
- Experience and understanding of public and community healthcare in developing countries: Kenya, Nigeria, other countries a plus.
- Good understanding of product supply and logistics in the public sector of Sub-Sharan Africa
- Good understanding and appreciation of commercial and not-for-profit aspects.
- Prepared to extensively travel within territories in Sub-Sharan Africa
- Five+ years’ experience on community or Global health support in Kenya or/and other Sub-Saharan Africa countries
- Fluent English and French
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Ferring Pharmaceuticals
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, biopharmaceutical company devoted to identifying, developing and marketing innovative products in the fields of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics. The company's research activities and products are connected by a common focus of providing tailored treatments that work on the body's own terms, enabling doctors to combat numerous diseases and medical conditions. Ferring has its own manufacturing facilities in several European countries, in South America, Israel, India and China. It is also currently building new facilities in the USA. With the acquisition of Bio-Technology General in 2005, it has capabilities in recombinant biotechnology as well as more traditional pharmaceutical manufacturing. Ferring's marketing, medical services and sales teams, led by the corporate headquarters in Saint-Prex, Switzerland, operate from nearly 60 countries and employ over 6,000 people throughout the world, while treatments are available in 110 countries. This expansion has allowed Ferring to maintain a double-digit annual growth rate over the last two decades.