Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldSecurity / Intelligence
The Security Manager is in charge of security of people (top priority), assets, reputation, and is involved in information protection.
The Security Manager is a business minded professional, the finality of his mission is to protect existing business, and to make business development possible in places where it is not obvious to do so.
Area of responsibility EEA countries (evolutive): Côte d’Ivoire, Benin, Nigeria, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Mozambique.
- Ensure Corporate compliance requirements, manage security (20%) :Manage group rules implementation and corporate reporting
- Organize Crisis Management Response
- Implement and develop security procedures for people, assets and information
- Be accountable for security and crisis management audits (COR processes)
- Be accountable for risks analysis (ERM Process)
- Provide top management and corporate security with expertise and analysis in area of responsibility
- Support business development (40%) :
- Give initial security GO/NOGO depending on project area and conditions
- Set up special authorization demands to Corporate Security when needed
- Give security assessments and recommendations on projects during all process from initial business travels to delivery, including engagement committees.
- Estimate security costs for NBOs, and provide security costs for BOs in relation purchasing department
- On demand, support joint businesses with other BU’s working in the area of responsibility
- Animate security network in countries (30%):
- Be an actor of the Corporate security network at all levels
- Animate, organize and control security correspondents’ network inside countries, and act as country security manager in country of assignment
- Implement security rules and standards inside entities : business travel rules, journey management, e-learning, site security, information protection…
- Provide security correspondents with trainings, tools and high level expertise
- Select, organize and control security contractors’ network in accordance with Corporate security contracts and procurement standards
- Manage information sources : security services of embassies (especially French embassies, UK, US…), NGOs, other companies…
- Provide security support and develop security culture with internal stakeholders (10%) :HR : people global protection as a top priority
- Business Development : main mission
- Ethics & Legal : fraud & corruption, human rights compliance
- HSE : business travel health, remote sites emergency response
- IT : Cybersecurity
- Communication : protection of reputation, watch.
- Knowledge and skills
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience as an officer, active duty – reserve or national guard, or as a senior specialized NCO (operations security procedures, intelligence-investigation & analysis…), ideally acquired in armed forces or gendarmerie – police forces.
- Experience of operations in different countries in Africa, in conflict areas, crisis or post-crisis areas.
- Experience in organizing & leading short time missions on the ground (direct management of armed forces, or armed contractors with monitoring of rules of engagement is a plus).
- Experience in organizing security and evacuation plans.
- Experience of work in different environments, from dense urban areas to remote rural areas, and in changing context.
- Experience in relationship management with local people, local authorities and international actors.
- Experience in training different categories of people, from basic operator to field manager, in security related fields, is a plus.
- Military Academy, or Gendarmerie – Police Academy graduation, with African experience
- Or, High level studies in International Relationships, Political Science on international cursus, International
- Public Affairs… together with ROTC graduation or previous military-gendarmerie-police experience.
Senior NCO candidates with specialized experience and complementary studies will be taken into account
- English & French, fluency in one language, working capability in the other
Pack office, OSINT tools
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Fenix International
Founded in 2009, Fenix International is a venture-funded next-generation energy company with offices in East Africa and Silicon Valley. Our core expertise is in renewable energy, mobile finance, and last-mile sales, marketing, distribution and customer service