Legal Research Assistant
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldLaw / Legal
Waajiri House, Argwings Kodhek Rd
48311 – 00100
Reporting to the Manager, Legal Services, FKE seeks to recruit a short-term Legal Research Assistant who will assist in Bills Tracking.
- Track the legislative calendars at the Executive level, National Assembly, Senate and County levels to identify all upcoming matters on Employment and Labour Relations
- Provide reports and summaries on upcoming Employment and Labour Relations matters
- Conduct legal research and prepare internal briefings on matters relating to labour laws and social policy
- Provide support in drafting of memorandums
- Track the status of various bills and maintain an updated tracker report
- Provide research support in other Employment, Legal, Policy matters within the Federation
- Draft correspondence
- Provide support to legal and Industrial Relations Department as requested
- Maintain up to date records on bills, memorandums and other policy matters
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Post graduate Diploma in Law will be an added advantage
- 2-years work experience as a Legal Research Assistant
KEY SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Research skills
- Legal drafting skills
- Computer proficiency
- Analytical skills
- Interests and passion in Employment and Labour Relations matters
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application (indicating current and expected salary), and CV with 3 professional referees .org indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line to reach us not later than Thursday, 22nd October 2020 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FKE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Federation of Kenya Employers Waajiri House,
Argwings Kodhek Rd, Milimani P.O. Box 48311-00100 Nairobi
About Federation Of Kenya Employers
The Federation of Kenya Employers (FKE) is the voice of employers in Kenya and the umbrella body that brings together enterprises from all sectors of the economy. The Federation’s mandate is to promote the interests of employers and to influence labour and social policy to support enterprise growth and competitiveness in a dynamic global environment.