Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldResearch / Data Analysis
The research manager is responsible for undertaking and delivering a wide range of research projects in our key areas. He/she will bring research, analytical, design and reporting expertise to the team, drawing upon a strong combination of both qualitative and quantitative experience.
- Take the lead in managing and delivering research projects, from scoping through to methodology and report writing, including managing and developing client relationships
- Deliver a wide range of social research techniques including fieldwork such as in-person interviews, literature reviews, focus groups and data analysis;
- Work with senior managers and directors to win new work from new and existing clients and proactively identify new business opportunities both in terms of research services and policy markets;
- Plan and manage resources effectively, including financial budgets;
- Manage junior research staff and subcontractors (including market research fieldwork) as necessary to achieve project objectives, seeking best value at all times;
- Produce insightful research reports with sophisticated advice to support your clients in their decision-making;
- Contribute to the development and profile of our research expertise with clients and key influencers;
- Develop new business opportunities in line with the company’s strategic ambitions by contributing to developing and increasing our profile with customers and key influencers;
- Ensure that the company is up to date with developments in specified policy areas and research markets
- Lead and support the development of new business opportunities, including preparing written proposals/bids for our prospective client
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, with focus in research, project management
- He/she should demonstrate at least 7 years of working experience in both the research sector and project management
- Demonstrated professional leadership and the ability to coordinate a team of professionals.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English, to deliver reports and documents. Familiarity with the Somali language will have an added advantage
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Experience in designing of qualitative fieldwork (such as depth interviewing and involvement in focus groups) and quantitative fieldwork (such as survey questionnaires, data analysis, data visualization) and support presentation design and delivery.
- He/she will report to the Chief Executive Officer
- Previous work in Somalia will have an added advantage
Location and Duration
The position will be based in Nairobi and the indicative start date is 2nd November 2020. The contract is expected to run for a period of 6 months with possible extension based on satisfactory performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Send in your resume, accompanied by a cover letter, in PDF format with the subject “Research Manager” on or before the 23rd October 2020.
About Farsight Africa Group
Founded in 2010, Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organisations and individuals across East Africa. Given the incessant news cycle in both the traditional and digital media, we believe it is absolutely vital to employ reputation management and strategic communications to further the manifold objectives of our clients. We assist our diverse client base with navigating today’s complex information space from offices located in Kenya and Somalia. Farsight Africa Group has established a reputation in the marketplace for working in complex and challenging environments that demand a comprehensive understanding of local cultures, indigenous communication practices and relationships with stakeholders, at both the grassroots and national level. In addition, the firm has excellent contacts with local and international journalists as well as opinion leaders across the region. The firm has leveraged its unique specialist skills and networks to deliver integrated communication solutions for numerous high-profile clients, including the African Union Mission to Somalia, the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi, Hormuud Telecom, the United Nations Political Office for Somalia, Salaam Africa Bank, and the Office of the Prime Minister of the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia.