EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Are you a go getter, positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individuals to fill the above position.
Reporting to: Chief Risk Officer
To provide leadership and alignment in establishing and maintaining a strong culture of adherence to existing policies, procedures and controls across the bank; and implementing appropriate quality assurance programs.
- Ensuring a secure first line of defense within the Family Bank Risk Management Framework.
- Leading and assisting in root-cause-analysis for any identified control lapses; including an effective feedback loop to the Chief Risk Officer.
- Creating and sustaining a strong culture of control awareness and adherence to Family Bank’s policies and operating procedures by all staff at all times.
- Taking responsibility and custody of the Bank’s procedure manuals.
- Ensuring the Bank’s procedure manuals are reviewed as per policy guidelines.
- Leading and assisting in the implementation of end-to-end process definition for all new products before they are launched in the market.
- Ensures KYC and AML/CTF laws and regulations are followed.
- Ensuring alignment between operating procedures and functionality of banking systems to deliver a superior customer experience whilst mitigating against risks.
- Supporting the Business and Support Functions with the design, implementation, and validation of their respective operating procedures.
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting of control lapses identified by 2nd and 3rd lines of defense.
- Ensuring Quality Snap Checks are carried out as per policy.
- Liaison with the 2nd and 3rd line of defense as may be necessary from time to time.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree holder. A second degree and/or other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years banking experience in a commercial bank; with at least 2 years in a similar role
- Practical hands on experience in Operations and Credit functions in a commercial bank
- Proficiency and experience in designing banking control framework and metrics, as well as implementing them effectively
- A good understanding of the relevant legislative requirements especially the Banking Act and Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) prudential guidelines
- A controls mind-set and a good grasp of risk management in a commercial bank
- Strong people leadership and communications skills
- Ability to manage up, down and across with effective influential skills and emotional intelligence
- Self-starter, passionate and instrumental in ideas generation and execution
- A high level of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to train, motivate and develop staff
About Family Bank
Family Bank (formely Family Finance Building Society) was registered as a Building Society in October 1984 in Kenya, under the Building Societies Act and commenced operations in the early 1985. Family Bank converted into a fully fledged bank in May 2007 and the main driver for our conversion was the need to offer a wider range of products and services to our customers.