Director – Credit Company Industry: Microfinance
Our client in Banking and Microfinance Sector is expanding its operations in Kenya and is looking to hire a well experienced and results oriented candidate to fill in the position of a Company Director. He/ She will be directly accountable for the establishment of Kenya Operations, Growth and Development of Business Portfolio, General Management and oversight of operations in Kenya, market share growth and Product Penetration.
The person will be responsible for operations strategies and business growth to deliver effective and profitable operation of the business and enhance the Company’s profile in the market place. The successful candidate will be responsible for lending, product development, marketing, customer experience, policy development, compliance and controls, people management and company general growth.
- Establishment of the Kenya Operations from ground up.
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of the company’s strategic plan, annual business plan and budgets.
- Develop plans for business growth & profitability targets of the microfinance.
- Monitor and evaluate performance to generate a healthy portfolio on a monthly basis, including client satisfaction metrics.
- Ensure organizational quality through review, update, implementation and adherence to agreed policies, procedures and manuals.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements as well as continuous update of processes, policies and procedures.
- Prepare budgets, annual business plans and operational plans.
- Hire and Recruitment of junior employees where necessary.
- Oversee credit risk framework, implement credit strategies, policies and procedures in line with the bank’s corporate strategy and ensure compliance.
- Implement the microfinance plan focusing on increasing the outreach of the bank through innovative marketing programs and development of new credit and non-funded products.
- Lead in mobilization of sufficient funds for onward lending to customers.
- Manage and maintain relationships with strategic stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of first degree in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in senior management positions in a Microfinance Institution or Bank.
- Experience in credit origination and credit risk assessment in a lending environment coupled with mobilization and delivery channel development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Skills to lead and run a deal from beginning to end.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain and develop relationships.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional administrative, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Very good English.
- Innovative thinking.
- Excellent analytical skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Execafrica Recruitment Limited
Execafrica Recruitment Limited was founded in 2019 with Recruitment Experts who have more than 15 years of combined experience in Recruitment, Executive Search, Headhunting and Manpower planning. We specialize in the provision of Human Capital Resource Solutions. We offer services in temporary and contract recruitment, permanent recruitment and bulk manpower recruitment across Kenya and East Africa; however, we have also handled recruitment engagements outside of our regional focus as well. Our scope also extends to include Training and payroll management.