Job Type Full Time
Job Field Project Management
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit a qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the above position, currenty available within the Business Transformation Department.
The Project Manager manages key business projects within the bank. The role oversees all aspects of projects and is responsible for coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope.
The Role Is Responsible For The Following
- Delivering high profile business transformation projects through creation of a linkage between the One Equity
- Business Transformation Strategy and programs/projects execution, and operationalisation.
- Ensuring that the Business Transformation programs and projects are initiated, planned, managed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner.
- Coordination of internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Preparation of project estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of each project
- Delivering appropriate and effective communication to stakeholders and executives
- Establish suitable practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to grow and mature the current bank’s capabilities
- Graduate Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Excellent understanding of Project management principles and methodologies including established PMO policies and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of project management, presentation and planning tools
- Highly innovative mindset
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Ability to lead and manage dynamic and agile teams
- Strong strategic thinking with strong transformation skills
- Results driven
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Equity Bank Kenya
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources. Having been declared technically insolvent in 1993, Equity’s transformation into a rapidly growing microfinance and then a commercial bank is widely considered to be an inspirational success story. Currently, Equity Bank has more than 9 million customers making it the largest bank in terms of customer base in Africa and having nearly half of bank accounts in Kenya. The company’s vision is "to be the champion of the socio-economic prosperity of the people of Africa”. Equity Bank retains a passionate commitment to empowering its clients to transform their lives and livelihoods. Through a business model that is anchored in access, convenience and flexibility, the Bank has evolved to become an all-inclusive financial services provider with a growing pan-African footprint. Equity Bank’s business model and its visionary leadership has continued to earn local, regional and global accolades and recognition. The model is also studied in some of the leading business schools in the world, as other developing countries in Africa and Asia seek to learn from Equity’s low margin, high-volume model. Equity Bank in 2010 established the Equity Group Foundation. This innovation and creative vehicle has fully transformed the concept of philanthropy and corporate social responsibility. While Equity Group Foundation champions the socio-economic transformation of the people of Africa and seeks partnerships along six cluster thematic areas, Equity Bank provides the infrastructure of delivery, hence reducing the operational costs for the Foundation and increasing the rate of return on any social investment. The six social thematic areas of focus are: education and leadership development; financial literacy and access; entrepreneurship; agriculture; health; innovations and environment. Make an enquiry today