Head – IT Devops
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
The Head -IT Devops will be responsible for leading multiple software engineering teams and establishing best practices for engineering requirements and concepts to products. This leader will liaise with product management, other technology leaders and service and experience leaders to aid new feature, functionality delivery as well as maintenance of existing products. This role is vital to ensure that we deliver value with technical excellence to equity Group customers in all the segments and territories that we operate.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Own the engineering software delivery aspects; work with product management to help set direction; define an engineering plan to meet product goals; execute on the plan.
- Develop, implement, and execute technology road maps, including non-functional aspects from security to production health.
- Hire, mentor and further develop a team of exceptional software engineers.
- Create team multipliers through best practices like DevSecOps, automation, and pave the way for the team to focus on deliverables and build innovation velocity.
- Seek out and perform code, security, scalability, quality, and sustainability reviews from other developers proactively. Accept feedback and make improvements.
- Thrive on variety and working on all aspects of building full stack software, over the entire development cycle.
- Lead the team on task breakdowns, estimate times, design, code, fix bugs, make suggestions, and work with the databases as needed.
- Comfortable working on-call representing engineering and collaborate with our IT Ops team to respond to production alerts to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Build partnerships across multiple stakeholders to ensure team, customer, and business success.
- At least 10 years of technology experience with at least 5 years in a software engineering management role.
- Prior hands-on development and building enterprise software product experience
- Strong communication skills, with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ownership, can-do attitude, and data-informed decision making
- Ability to adapt to evolving product visions and emerging technologies
- Experience with modern best practices including, DevSecOps, Agile development
- Exposure to Cloud software and CI/CD tools.
- It would be a big plus if you have;Prior engineering product experience, serving millions of users
- Experienced in Cloud Native technologies and/or Azure or AWS Certification(s)
- Experienced in financial services technology market and products
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Computer Science, Software Engineering or any other relevant Technology related degree.
- DevOps, Continuous integration/ continuous deployment experience
- Agile development environment experience, familiarity with SCRUM
Core Skills and Competencies
Front-end: Angular, Bootstrap
Database: SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Platform: Azure, Docker, Azure Kubernetes Services
Android: Java Android (Native)
iOS: Objective C and Swift (Native)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Equity Bank Kenya
About Equity Bank Kenya
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources. Having been declared technically insolvent in 1993, Equity’s transformation into a rapidly growing microfinance and then a commercial bank is widely considered to be an inspirational success story. Currently, Equity Bank has more than 9 million customers making it the largest bank in terms of customer base in Africa and having nearly half of bank accounts in Kenya. The company’s vision is "to be the champion of the socio-economic prosperity of the people of Africa”. Equity Bank retains a passionate commitment to empowering its clients to transform their lives and livelihoods. Through a business model that is anchored in access, convenience and flexibility, the Bank has evolved to become an all-inclusive financial services provider with a growing pan-African footprint. Equity Bank’s business model and its visionary leadership has continued to earn local, regional and global accolades and recognition. The model is also studied in some of the leading business schools in the world, as other developing countries in Africa and Asia seek to learn from Equity’s low margin, high-volume model. Equity Bank in 2010 established the Equity Group Foundation. This innovation and creative vehicle has fully transformed the concept of philanthropy and corporate social responsibility. While Equity Group Foundation champions the socio-economic transformation of the people of Africa and seeks partnerships along six cluster thematic areas, Equity Bank provides the infrastructure of delivery, hence reducing the operational costs for the Foundation and increasing the rate of return on any social investment. The six social thematic areas of focus are: education and leadership development; financial literacy and access; entrepreneurship; agriculture; health; innovations and environment. Make an enquiry today