Facilities Officer-Repairs & Maintenance
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Job Purpose: To offer tactical and strategic planning and management of facilities services and infrastructure that affect the core business of business units particularly in relation to buildings and premises. The job involves tracking resolution timelines and costs, quality management and engaging vendors, contractors and consultants on the same. This is to ensure that a workplace meets the needs of the employees and suits the activities to be carried out therein.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Ensuring that all repairs & maintenance works are done within stipulated budget, timelines and standards
- Site supervision and management including preparation of progress reports
- Briefing stakeholders on progress of ongoing works
- Compile all documents necessary for CBK branch approvals to open and commence operations and follow up on the same with Legal
- Providing a cost tracker for all works and projects being undertaken.
- Providing necessary support infrastructure for all special projects and special events
- Facilitating repairs and maintenance, construction, relocation, expansion and closure of ATM stations as per business strategy
- Providing support to all the subsidiaries expansion and related issues in conformance to Group and In-country regulatory requirements
- Provide a support role to the maintenance officer in their absence to ensure all Service requests pertaining to the category are resolved and the corresponding costs trackers are updated accordingly
- In-depth knowledge of Bank infrastructure Generators, UPS systems, Electrical instalations and builder works scope.
- Ability to interprete building designs
- Ability to come up with repair and maintenance and constructions costs estimates
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills- good knowledge in Microsoft based applications i.e. MS word, excel, power point etc.
- Ability to innovate and creative diligence
Key Critical Competencies
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and coordination skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work long hours with intensive travel.
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Team player
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering
- Professional qualification in Building Constructions Management or Facilities Management in addition to
- Construction Management experience.
- Proven ability to analyse complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Equity Bank Kenya
About Equity Bank Kenya
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources. Having been declared technically insolvent in 1993, Equity’s transformation into a rapidly growing microfinance and then a commercial bank is widely considered to be an inspirational success story. Currently, Equity Bank has more than 9 million customers making it the largest bank in terms of customer base in Africa and having nearly half of bank accounts in Kenya. The company’s vision is "to be the champion of the socio-economic prosperity of the people of Africa”. Equity Bank retains a passionate commitment to empowering its clients to transform their lives and livelihoods. Through a business model that is anchored in access, convenience and flexibility, the Bank has evolved to become an all-inclusive financial services provider with a growing pan-African footprint. Equity Bank’s business model and its visionary leadership has continued to earn local, regional and global accolades and recognition. The model is also studied in some of the leading business schools in the world, as other developing countries in Africa and Asia seek to learn from Equity’s low margin, high-volume model. Equity Bank in 2010 established the Equity Group Foundation. This innovation and creative vehicle has fully transformed the concept of philanthropy and corporate social responsibility. While Equity Group Foundation champions the socio-economic transformation of the people of Africa and seeks partnerships along six cluster thematic areas, Equity Bank provides the infrastructure of delivery, hence reducing the operational costs for the Foundation and increasing the rate of return on any social investment. The six social thematic areas of focus are: education and leadership development; financial literacy and access; entrepreneurship; agriculture; health; innovations and environment. Make an enquiry today