IT Program Governance/Reporting Lead
Job Type Full Time
Job Field ICT / Computer
IT Program Governance/Reporting Lead will play a supporting function to the head of IT Strategy and Governance who is responsible for the full spectrum of managing the definition and maintenance of the standards specializing in project management and its processes as well overall program governance . Will strive to standardize execution of projects. Will act as the source of documentation, guidance and metrics on the practice and effective governance of project management and execution. Will assist the PMO Head to manage the successful delivery of projects undertaken by the IT through effective management, facilitation, tracking and reporting. Will ensure the PMO governance is adheres and participate in the management of key initiatives and projects supporting the company’s objectives.
Strategy & Planning
- Help in developing the existing PMO into a best practice PMO to support the delivery of transformation projects and IT projects of strategic importance
- Help ensure projects are delivered on-time, in-budget and within scope
- Assist to manage end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Help maintain a balance between developing standardized, best practice methods and responding flexibly through varied project delivery approaches.
- Implement of an overarching IT project management governance framework
- Provision of program management, change management and continuous improvement capability and expertise to support the high-quality delivery of its schedule of strategic project.
- Reporting to the executive on the monitoring of project performance, delivery, costs, risks, benefit realization.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.Help to establish project Acquisition & Deployment
- Help to design and deploy new portfolio project management tool. Operational Management
- Continuous monitoring of project performance
- Weekly reporting of project performance
- Quarterly reporting of benefits realized on completed projects
- Proactive monitoring and escalations of projects behind schedule
- Ensuring adequate reporting of project status by project managers
- Monthly publishing of project manager’s scorecard
- Weekly reporting on IT budget performance
- Minimum educational level – First degree in Computing Science, Engineering, Operational sciences or (any other discipline with strong Information Systems component and/or relevant IT Service Management certification).
- Post graduate qualification in Information Technology or related certifications Years Experience
- Minimum of 2 years project management Experience with a minimum of 1 year IT experience in a mature technology environment
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Equity Bank
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources. Having been declared technically insolvent in 1993, Equity’s transformation into a rapidly growing microfinance and then a commercial bank is widely considered to be an inspirational success story. Currently, Equity Bank has more than 9 million customers making it the largest bank in terms of customer base in Africa and having nearly half of bank accounts in Kenya. The company’s vision is "to be the champion of the socio-economic prosperity of the people of Africa”. Equity Bank retains a passionate commitment to empowering its clients to transform their lives and livelihoods. Through a business model that is anchored in access, convenience and flexibility, the Bank has evolved to become an all-inclusive financial services provider with a growing pan-African footprint. Equity Bank’s business model and its visionary leadership has continued to earn local, regional and global accolades and recognition. The model is also studied in some of the leading business schools in the world, as other developing countries in Africa and Asia seek to learn from Equity’s low margin, high-volume model. Equity Bank in 2010 established the Equity Group Foundation. This innovation and creative vehicle has fully transformed the concept of philanthropy and corporate social responsibility. While Equity Group Foundation champions the socio-economic transformation of the people of Africa and seeks partnerships along six cluster thematic areas, Equity Bank provides the infrastructure of delivery, hence reducing the operational costs for the Foundation and increasing the rate of return on any social investment. The six social thematic areas of focus are: education and leadership development; financial literacy and access; entrepreneurship; agriculture; health; innovations and environment. Make an enquiry today