IT Governance Performance Analyst
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field ICT / Computer
Senior IT Governance Analyst will act as the central point for developing, maintaining, monitoring and enforcing IT policies and procedures. The role will review existing process alignment and compliance and ensure adoption of industry best practice ( COBIT 5). The role will participate actively in the activities of all IT Governance and IT strategy focus areas: Value Delivery, Performance Management, Risk Management, IT Planning, Project Management, Enterprise Architecture and Business Continuity. The role requires the ability to motivate and drive IT teams to understand the value of policies and adhere to procedures and process requirements.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Develop a plan and brief for IT Governance assessment as per COBIT 5 guidelines
- Conduct overall IT governance assessment as per Cobit 5 guidelines
- Conduct assessment for IT operations and identify process gaps and compliance gap.
- Define IT operations GAP as per industry best practice
- Define process and compliance GAPs from the assessment
- Hold feedback sessions with the process owners.
- Report on the gaps identified during assessment
- Classify the GAPs based on relevance, risk and time (High, Mediam, Low)
- Define high level roadmap of process definition and GAPs closure
- Define high level roadmap of process definition, roles, skills and gaps closures.
- Implementation of process GAPs closure
- Report on GAP closure
- Identify process that needs to be improved as per best practice
- Hold stakeholder sessions to discuss the process improvement needs
- Take actions to ensure the process is improved
- Report on the progress of the process improvement
logging, tracking & solving issues within IT that need to be addressed besides the process
Governance and COBIT assessment. The issues may arise from different areas such as
- Finance, Audit, compliance, process clarification, risk etc
Validate IT invoices & ensure that payments are aligned to business value and the right cost center and are within the contracted Amount. Timely processing of payments to avoid penalty as result of late payment, avoid double payment of expenses/ support invoice payment tracking: Update ad report as and when required update
- Essential Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of formulating IT Governance objectives and goals and developing effective techniques for deriving these objectives from IT initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of IT industry standards and best practices as they relate to IT governance such as CGEIT, CoBiT 5 and CMMI.Qualifications
Key Critical Competencies
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning skills
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing Key Soft Skills
- Good effective communication skills
- Organized, Proactive, and Results Driven
- Problem solving tactics to projects and tasks assigned
- End User Empathy & Understanding of Business Strategy
- Adaptability to changing strategy and culture
- Ability to Carry a Meeting and Make Decisions
- Team Player & Great Attitude
- Eagerness to Learn
- Sixth Sense through intuition of issues and risk articulation
- Knowledge Sharing and Mentoring
- A University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and/or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance multiple responsibilities which may frequently change
- Ability to learn information quickly and apply risk/control considerations which impact downstream decisions
- High degree of professionalism and personal integrity
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence
- Excellent documentation skills (process, control, policy, and risk documentation)
- Able to record information accurately
- Able to remain calm under pressure
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Equity Bank
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources. Having been declared technically insolvent in 1993, Equity’s transformation into a rapidly growing microfinance and then a commercial bank is widely considered to be an inspirational success story. Currently, Equity Bank has more than 9 million customers making it the largest bank in terms of customer base in Africa and having nearly half of bank accounts in Kenya. The company’s vision is "to be the champion of the socio-economic prosperity of the people of Africa”. Equity Bank retains a passionate commitment to empowering its clients to transform their lives and livelihoods. Through a business model that is anchored in access, convenience and flexibility, the Bank has evolved to become an all-inclusive financial services provider with a growing pan-African footprint. Equity Bank’s business model and its visionary leadership has continued to earn local, regional and global accolades and recognition. The model is also studied in some of the leading business schools in the world, as other developing countries in Africa and Asia seek to learn from Equity’s low margin, high-volume model. Equity Bank in 2010 established the Equity Group Foundation. This innovation and creative vehicle has fully transformed the concept of philanthropy and corporate social responsibility. While Equity Group Foundation champions the socio-economic transformation of the people of Africa and seeks partnerships along six cluster thematic areas, Equity Bank provides the infrastructure of delivery, hence reducing the operational costs for the Foundation and increasing the rate of return on any social investment. The six social thematic areas of focus are: education and leadership development; financial literacy and access; entrepreneurship; agriculture; health; innovations and environment. Make an enquiry today