IT Cost & Vendor Management Officer
Job Type Full Time
Job Field ICT / Computer
The Team Member IT Cost & Vendor Management analyses, forecasts and reports the operational budget and CAPEX budget for the IT department, analyses technology spend, builds and manages relationships with technology vendors and ensure that vendors meet their contractual obligation and adhere to the contractual terms agreed upon, Analyses the spend on technology and works on cost optimization initiatives in line with the ICT and overall bank strategy, report on the cost of technology for clear transparency and ownership by the various account and reviews business cases for technology investments.
Strategy & Planning
- Budget planning encompassing capital, operational expenditure, and staff costs amongst others
- Provide budget execution related reports to other finance functions as required
- Assist in the development of business cases supporting the funding of IT projects and perform project profitability analysis after implementation
- Break down IT costs into defined categories e.g. consumption based (variable technology usage: telecomm, data center), project based (initiatives) and infrastructure based (fixed cost: network infrastructure)
- Identify IT cost drivers
- Participate in evaluation of potential suppliers using developed and agreed criteria to support alignment and understanding of the expectations and requirements of engagement
- Acquisition & Deployment
Develop financial models and criteria used to evaluate alternative IT investments.
- Monitor 3rd party invoicing and deliverables as to contract adherence suggesting corrective actions Monitor budget-execution levels reporting any variances to Head of IT cost and vendor management among other bank stakeholders
- Monitor and report on the performance of selected vendors to ensure delivery in line with contractual obligations and performance metrics set in the contracts.
- Weekly reporting on IT budget performance
- Liaise with procurement partners to review, report on and revise contractual agreements as necessary
- Minimum educational level – First degree in Computing Science, BBIT, Accounting, Engineering, Operational sciences or (any other discipline with strong Information Systems component and/or relevant IT Service
- Management certification).
- Post graduate qualification in Information Technology or related certifications.
- Minimum of 2 years professional IT or IT Finance and Strategy
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles and application
- Knowledge of IT Service Management methodologies, principles, concepts, practices and processes
- University degree in the field of computer science, Information Tech, Electrical Engineering or business administration.
- Relevant industry certifications (ISO20000, COBIT, ITIL etc) will be an added advantage
- IT asset management
- Financial Control and Governance
- Project Management
- Portfolio Monitoring, compiling, performance reporting (financials, non-financials)
- Administrative ability
- Benefit / Value assessment
- Data gathering and analysis
- Communication skills and reporting
- Decision making
- Activity Based Costing Management
- Total Cost of Ownership
- IT objectives / scorecard
- IT organizational design
- Methods, standards creation
- personnel Relationship management
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
- Results orientation
- Benefit / Value assessment
- Decision making
- Integrity and honesty
- Team playe
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Equity Bank
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources. Having been declared technically insolvent in 1993, Equity’s transformation into a rapidly growing microfinance and then a commercial bank is widely considered to be an inspirational success story. Currently, Equity Bank has more than 9 million customers making it the largest bank in terms of customer base in Africa and having nearly half of bank accounts in Kenya. The company’s vision is "to be the champion of the socio-economic prosperity of the people of Africa”. Equity Bank retains a passionate commitment to empowering its clients to transform their lives and livelihoods. Through a business model that is anchored in access, convenience and flexibility, the Bank has evolved to become an all-inclusive financial services provider with a growing pan-African footprint. Equity Bank’s business model and its visionary leadership has continued to earn local, regional and global accolades and recognition. The model is also studied in some of the leading business schools in the world, as other developing countries in Africa and Asia seek to learn from Equity’s low margin, high-volume model. Equity Bank in 2010 established the Equity Group Foundation. This innovation and creative vehicle has fully transformed the concept of philanthropy and corporate social responsibility. While Equity Group Foundation champions the socio-economic transformation of the people of Africa and seeks partnerships along six cluster thematic areas, Equity Bank provides the infrastructure of delivery, hence reducing the operational costs for the Foundation and increasing the rate of return on any social investment. The six social thematic areas of focus are: education and leadership development; financial literacy and access; entrepreneurship; agriculture; health; innovations and environment. Make an enquiry today