Health Programs Coordinator
Job TypeFull Time
QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience1 – 3 years
Job FieldMedical / Healthcare
Reporting to the General Manager, Health. The position holder will be responsible for Coordinating Health Pillar programs and initiatives. He/she will be tasked with:
- Organizing Health programs and activities in accordance with the goals of the Health Pillar of Equity Group Foundation (EGF)
- Supporting the development of new programs to support the strategic direction of EGF in the Health Sector.
- Writing program funding proposals and supporting the development of budgets and operating plans for EGF Health programs with clear objectives and indicators for health activities.
- Coordinating operations of EGF Health Programs, support in the analysis of program and project risks to ensure that project goals align with the EGF objectives.
- Ensure health projects meet the project objectives within budget and the allotted timelines, promptly reporting any operational concerns.
- Encouraging beneficiary participation; support in liaising with stakeholders
- Contribute to development of an effective strategy including proactive planning for responsible exit.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities & program status throughout its life cycle & in applicable formats.
- Liaising with Group Procurement for all Health Pillar program procurement of goods and services
- Liaising and working with Finance to ensure that all expenses are according to budget and meet required standards of financial management, accountability and good governance.
- Participate in health coordination meetings, internal& external trainings, and other working groups, representing EGF and feeding back on relevant issues
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Clinical degree (Nurse, Clinical Officer) or Public Health degree.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Social Sciences presents an added advantage
- Certificate or Diploma in Project management is an added asset
- At least 3-years’ post-qualification experience in the health/ development sector.
- At least 1-year supervisor/ management experience in a health context.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Equity Bank
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources. Having been declared technically insolvent in 1993, Equity’s transformation into a rapidly growing microfinance and then a commercial bank is widely considered to be an inspirational success story. Currently, Equity Bank has more than 9 million customers making it the largest bank in terms of customer base in Africa and having nearly half of bank accounts in Kenya. The company’s vision is "to be the champion of the socio-economic prosperity of the people of Africa”. Equity Bank retains a passionate commitment to empowering its clients to transform their lives and livelihoods. Through a business model that is anchored in access, convenience and flexibility, the Bank has evolved to become an all-inclusive financial services provider with a growing pan-African footprint. Equity Bank’s business model and its visionary leadership has continued to earn local, regional and global accolades and recognition. The model is also studied in some of the leading business schools in the world, as other developing countries in Africa and Asia seek to learn from Equity’s low margin, high-volume model. Equity Bank in 2010 established the Equity Group Foundation. This innovation and creative vehicle has fully transformed the concept of philanthropy and corporate social responsibility. While Equity Group Foundation champions the socio-economic transformation of the people of Africa and seeks partnerships along six cluster thematic areas, Equity Bank provides the infrastructure of delivery, hence reducing the operational costs for the Foundation and increasing the rate of return on any social investment. The six social thematic areas of focus are: education and leadership development; financial literacy and access; entrepreneurship; agriculture; health; innovations and environment. Make an enquiry today