Manager, Supply Chain Management Services (Re-Advertisement)
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
JOB REFERENCE: EWASCO/HR/002/2020
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities –
- Recommend departmental policies, plans and guidelines and implements EWASCO organizational policies and procedures for department.
- Develop work plans and budgets for the Department for approval.
- Prepare draft Board management papers for approval.
- Manage Contracts and Negotiations with suppliers.
- Oversee opening and evaluation of Quotations, Tenders, Proposals and Expressions of Interest.
- Participate in the development and review of the Institution’s strategic plan
- Participate in various committees in the Institution.
- Undertake Performance Management Reviews and acts as reviewer for staff within department.
- Manage staffing, development for procurement teams; motivates and develops project and team leaders i.e. evaluation committees; promotes teamwork to ensure effective work relations within department.
- Coordinate staff and ensures all activities in the procurement department run as scheduled by establishing process of setting targets within department and work towards their achievement.
- Coordinate regular meetings with staff and user departments to discuss department’s performance and resolve any issues in procurement process.
- Mentor and coach departmental staff. Oversee day-to-day management; control the operations within department, including deployment of staff and physical resources
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop Procurement Budget and ensures efficient management of available resources including deploying the department budget.
- Ensure that funds are available for any procurement under consideration.
- Recommend the best procurement methods; defines and communicates rules for supplier bids and ensures competitive procurement in the organization.
- Verify all procurement and disposal activities in accordance with the Public Procurement Act and EWASCO manual and policies.
- Review all records of purchased goods, including costs, deliveries and inventories and ensures maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information concerning department.
- Analyze and evaluate historical and market information provided to assess purchasing decisions and recommend improvements. Participate in price negotiations and manages high impact purchases.
- Monitor quality of purchased goods and services vis-a-vis the requirements and assists in solving major supplier problems.
- Monitor implementation of the procurement Quality Management System. Develop and implement all EWASCO departments’ procurement plans.
Qualification / Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain management, Procurement and Contract management, Purchasing and Supplies or its equivalent from a recognized university or Bachelor’s degree in any area with a Post Graduate
- Diploma in Supply Chain management, Procurement and Contract management, Purchasing and Supplies
A master’s degree in supply chain management, Purchasing and Supplies or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies Member of KISM or CIPS and other relevant professional bodies in good standing.
- Minimum 5 (five) years’ relevant work experience with a public utility or service company
- Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through provision of;-Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department.
- Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- A clean and current report from an approved credit reference Bureau (CRB).
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The appointment will be for a contract term of 3 YEARS renewable subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by continuous achievement of performance targets.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Application packages in sealed envelopes which include a cover letter, CV of not more than 5 pages and certified copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by email to: –
The Managing Director
Embu Water and Sanitation Company LTD
EWASCO House, Off Meru-Embu Road
P.O. Box 2142, 60100 EMBU
before the expiry of the closing date (18th January 2021, 17:00 Hours) with the VACANCY NUMBER as the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
– Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification CLOSING DATE: 18th January 2021, 17:00 Hours
About Embu Water And Sanitation Company
Embu Water and Sanitation Company (EWASCO) Limited was incorporated as a company by Embu Municipal Council in March 2003. The Company became operational in March 2005 and the financial operations of the Company were separated from those of the Municipal Council in July 2005. After devolution the Company is wholly owned by the Embu County Government.
Water supply network coverage in 2005 was 23 km2 out of 80 km2(29% coverage) and has increased to 775 km2 in 2017 out of 975 km2(79.5% coverage). However, the total area presumed to be under EWASCO is approximately 1,200 sq. km
The population served in 2005 was 23,000 out of 60,000 (40%) and presently the population served by a total number of 26,000 accounts is estimated to be 175,000 out of 207,000 (85%)
EWASCO is a company wholly owned by Embu Municipal Council and its mandated to providing water and sewage services. The Community owns the Company by proxy as the Council is a trustee of the people. The Company is managed by nine directors at policy level and by a Corporate Management Team. Embu Water and sanitation has its fundamental goal and purpose as conserving, managing and protecting water resources for development.