ICT Manager (Re-Advertised)
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
JOB REFERENCE: EWASCO/HR/003/2020
- Formulate the implementation of solutions to the Network and Hardware infrastructure requirements based on the business needs
- Provide expert advice across a range of information technology areas including, Telecommunications, Systems and related applications
- Provide strategic evaluation for Network and Hardware selection to support EWASCO business requirements and supervise the technical execution of those solutions
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with EWASCO’s policies and applicable lawsv. Direct IT Section budget planning
- Provide leadership in designing IT risk mitigation solutions
- Conduct, review, recommend and implement security requirements for applications, file systems, operating systems, networked resources, networked communications devices and protocol usage
- Ensure adequate back-up and support on IT network system
- Co-ordinate follow-up problem analysis and determine corrective action
- Lead Systems and Telecommunications Support Teams within ICT Services
- Provide technical and professional expert in systems and telecommunications
- Lead in development of the systems and telecommunication technical policy and strategy
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor
Qualification / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, ICT or any other related field.
- Professional ICT Certification by Microsoft, Cisco or equivalent including CEH, MCSE and CCNA
- MINIMUM 5 (FIVE) YEARS’ relevant work experience with a public utility or a service company
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Experience working with utility management systems including billing system, finance management and accounting systems, GIS, bulk SMS systems, procurement and stores management systems and payroll systems,
- Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through provision of;-Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department.
- Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- A clean and current report from an approved credit reference Bureau (CRB).
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The appointment will be for a contract term of 3 YEARS renewable subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by continuous achievement of performance targets.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Application packages in sealed envelopes which include a cover letter, CV of not more than 5 pages and certified copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by email to: –
The Managing Director
Embu Water and Sanitation Company LTD
EWASCO House, Off Meru-Embu Road
P.O. Box 2142, 60100 EMBU
before the expiry of the closing date (18th January 2021, 17:00 Hours) with the VACANCY NUMBER as the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
– Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification CLOSING DATE: 18th January 2021, 17:00 Hours
About Embu Water And Sanitation Company
Embu Water and Sanitation Company (EWASCO) Limited was incorporated as a company by Embu Municipal Council in March 2003. The Company became operational in March 2005 and the financial operations of the Company were separated from those of the Municipal Council in July 2005. After devolution the Company is wholly owned by the Embu County Government.
Water supply network coverage in 2005 was 23 km2 out of 80 km2(29% coverage) and has increased to 775 km2 in 2017 out of 975 km2(79.5% coverage). However, the total area presumed to be under EWASCO is approximately 1,200 sq. km
The population served in 2005 was 23,000 out of 60,000 (40%) and presently the population served by a total number of 26,000 accounts is estimated to be 175,000 out of 207,000 (85%)
EWASCO is a company wholly owned by Embu Municipal Council and its mandated to providing water and sewage services. The Community owns the Company by proxy as the Council is a trustee of the people. The Company is managed by nine directors at policy level and by a Corporate Management Team. Embu Water and sanitation has its fundamental goal and purpose as conserving, managing and protecting water resources for development.