Regional Data and Power Platform Engineer
Department: Strategic Information & Evaluation, Digital Health & Data Analytics Unit
Reports To: Director, Digital Health & Data Analytics Unit
Classification: Full-time, exempt
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
Working at the intersection of technology, programs, and data, the mission of the Digital Health & Data Analytics Unit is to enable the Foundation to use data more efficiently and effectively by operationalizing standard and proven approaches to capturing, storing, and learning from data.
The Regional Data & Power Platform Engineer will work as a key member of the Foundation’s Strategic Information and Evaluation Unit, under the leadership of the Director of Digital Health & Data Analytics. This role will provide technical and programmatic leadership of health information systems to both headquarters (HQ) and EGPAF country teams primarily in sub-Saharan Africa. This is a great opportunity for anyone who loves working with data, sharing knowledge, and building capacity of others.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Provide technical advice and support to country teams, geared toward the improvement of health information systems
- Develop Power BI data models integrating data from various data sources for visualization and reporting (common sources include Excel, SharePoint, SQL, CSV, and DHIS2)
- Craft SQL queries for interaction with EGPAFs data warehouse and other data sources
- Develop mobile health solutions for a diverse range of resource-constrained settings (areas with limited network connectivity and power) and solve challenges such as planning for offline data capture, planning for multiple language capabilities, and developing robust low-cost solutions
- Set up robust systems to protect data, including regular downloads, backups, data transfer, and alerts
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and debug live data systems for HQ and country teams
- Develop strategies to improve data systems and data use, including data quality, analytics, and visualization
- Manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, agile environment with changing needs
- Ask questions about user needs to clarify the scope and prioritize needs
- Keep your professional skills strong by making use of online resources and trainings
- Communicate and collaborate with a range of colleagues across diverse countries and cultures
- Work closely with members of the Digital Health & Data Analytics Unit and other EGPAF global teams
Up to 15% international travel to Africa once travel restrictions are lifted.
To be successful, you will have…
Demonstrable experience with the Microsoft Power Platform (any of the following: Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate)
Experience with database design, data modeling, and data extraction
Strong listening skills and ability to understand user requirements and translate them into solutions
Bonus points if you have…
Experience authoring and maintaining DAX formulas
Experience with Azure Data Factory and Azure data engineering
Project management skills
Ability to communicate verbally in French
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Elizabeth Glaser
The foundation that began as three mothers around a kitchen table in 1988 is now the leading global nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating pediatric HIV and AIDS. Browse this timeline to learn how it happened.