Educate! is seeking an enthusiastic and self-driven Experiments Coordinator to build out the management of our pilot program in Kenya, develop innovative program coordination structures and oversee monitoring, research and learning for Educate! in Kenya. Educate! aspires to be best in program performance management through real-time monitoring and systematic quality assurance.
The Experiments Coordinator will be at the center of building the necessary, underlying systems with this goal in mind. This involves innovating around the challenges of: empowering a new team to successfully launch the pilot in Kenya, managing and monitoring the program across far distances, and building real-time feedback loops to inform the program iteration to fit the needs of Kenya.
The Kenya Experiments Coordinator will have the opportunity to support the pilot of an impactful skills-based education model improving youth livelihoods in Kenya. The Kenya Experiments Coordinator is a mid-level position, with the opportunity to grow into manager level in 1-2 years.
Educate! needs a master trainer who is energized and driven to coordinate a new team ensuring the program creates a lasting impact on youth, and a pioneer, knowledgeable in quantitative and qualitative M&E approaches and in curriculum design, to drive program monitoring and learning forward.
Coordinate program implementation to ensure high student impact
- Empower and grow a strong team of trainers to lead program activities in the field, including the implementation of our Bootcamp Pilot
- Plan and coordinate high-impact program activities
- Build effective program coordination and communication systems
- Report on program progress and quality
Ensure high program quality through monitoring
- Conduct targeted monitoring visits building and supporting the team
- Analyze feedback from monitoring visits to ensure program quality and standardization
- Ensure learnings are incorporated into program design and management practices
Build learning systems for continuous program improvement
- Develop efficient feedback structures for continuous stakeholder feedback
- Lead ex-post assessment of major program activities and derive lessons learned
- Conduct research to inform program design and adaptation
Contribute to curriculum development, testing, and implementation
- Participate in the development of the training curriculum
- Conduct early testing of key curriculum elements to capture areas of improvement
- Oversee implementation of of the curriculum by trainers in the bootcamp
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or similar
- 2-4 years experience in Programs, exposure to M&E and/or Curriculum Design
- Experience with program management (preferred)
- Engaging and interactive trainer with passion for coaching team members
- Knowledge of quantitative & qualitative research approaches
- High level of proficiency in Windows Excel
- Good skills in data analysis, presentation and report writing
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
- Located in Nairobi, Kenya, with frequent travel to field locations necessary
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Benefits & perks include a generous vacation policy and health insurance.
Why You Will Brag About Working At Educate!
We’ve got the impact.
Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
We believe in local leadership — 96% of our staff is African.
Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!’s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting many thousands more students than we can reach directly.
Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
Preferred application deadline is June 10th 2021. After that we will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis, with the goal of filling the position ASAP.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Educate! works to transform education in Africa to teach youth to solve poverty for themselves and their communities. Educate! provides youth with skills training in leadership, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness along with mentorship to start real businesses at school. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors. Educate!’s goal is to make this practical, skills-based model part of national education systems.