Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldLaw / Legal
Responsible for negotiating, writing, reviewing, summarizing, researching and executing a wide variety of agreements for companies and clients, including license agreements, real estate leases, confidentiality agreements, and other general business contracts as well as liaising with various regulators on compliance matters.
The Legal and Compliance Officer reports to the Managing Director.
- Negotiate, write, and execute agreements and contracts.
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues.
- Advise executives within the company and work alongside employees in Strategic Business Units, Pensions, Sales,
- Human Resources.
- Liaise with the Capital Markets Authority and Retirement Benefits Authority
- Manage various projects and deadlines.
- Advise executives on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals.
- Draft terms and conditions in agreements.
- Ensure legal objectives are met.
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Develop solutions to complex legal questions.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum requirements)
- LLB from a recognized university
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya or awaiting admission
- Corporate and Commercial law experience is an added advantage
- Has previously worked in a commercial law firm or a busy financial institution.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If the above describes you, and you are interested in working with us, please send your CV
About Dry Associates
Dry Associates is the largest issuer of Commercial Paper & Corporate Bonds in East Africa Private Wealth Management includes managing onshore and offshore assets through individualized portfolio structuring