Junior Software Developer
About the role
We are looking for a junior software developer who will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle that include gathering and analysing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application systems. The software developer will participate in design meetings and consult with clients (both internal and external) to build, refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs. You will be an early contributor in a growing customer-facing software development team working closely with senior developers, solutions architects, operations managers, and other key members of the organization. There are growth opportunities to work closely with clients and develop novel solutions in robotic process automation, conventional application development, and ML/AI initiatives.
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Writing and implementing efficient codes/scripts
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software
- Compiling and assessing user feedback to improve software performance
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Degree in Computer science, IT, programming, or related field.
- Relevant professional software development experience as a Full Stack Developer with key experiences in (Python,
- Professional experience in PostGres, MySQL, React, Pandas, Django, or similar technologies
- Experience with responsive web design, including API and database creation
- Commercial and business awareness and experience
- Hands-on, and with strong execution skills
- Good written and communication skills and high attention to detail
- Passion for innovation, learning, and use of technology to change business
- Have the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- An independent thinker who is able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Organized and with excellent time management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If interested kindly submit your application on or before 23th April 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for job.
About Digital Divide Data (DDD Kenya)
DDD believes talent has no boundaries--and opportunities shouldn’t either. In 2001, we saw the need to bring tech skills and living-wage work to men and women in underserved communities in Asia. It was here that DDD helped plant the seed for a socially responsible outsourcing practice known as impact sourcing.