Senior Tax Manager
Job Description :
The areas of the business you will support and who you will work with:
EABL is a leading drinks company in Eastern Africa with a wide portfolio of products in various categories of beer, spirits, malt, glass and other non-alcoholic drinks. EABL is quoted in all the 3 East African stock exchanges and has operations in Eastern Africa with a turnover of over £553m. It is the largest business unit in Diageo Africa, and directly operates 5 breweries, 2 spirits plants as well as a barley & malting facility. EABL operates within a multicultural, multinational, multicurrency environment.
- Finance Business partners and operational teams (including FD and FC) together with LD, CRD and MD: Develop and maintain a strong working relationship keeping up to date with business priorities and developments, and acting as a trusted business advisor in order to challenge and support the markets in improving overall tax management. Keeps the business up to date with the implications of any tax/regulatory changes and advises in a timely manner on best course of action by the business to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations while also factoring the business strategies.
- Tax Compliance, Reporting teams – Collaborate with the relevant tax Centre of Excellence team to provide high quality, timely tax activities and outcomes to the business
- Owner of the Tax Risk Matrix for the business
- All Kenyan tax authorities, departments and other senior government tax authorities including KEBS – hold strong relationships with all tax bodies and proactively engages them on speedy resolution of any tax audits or tax enquiries
- Liaise as appropriate with the teams responsible for payroll taxes and for customs & excise taxes in resolution of any audits/assessments relating to these taxes
- Governance & Change – Support delivery of changes/improvements relating to tax
- External Advisors – Support the relationship with external tax advisors and hold them to account for the delivery of timely, cost effective and value adding tax advice
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.