Marketing Manager – Scotch & Reserve
About the Role
This role is a Senior position within the Kenya Marketing team and integral to the leadership of the Reserve and Scotch portfolio in Kenya. The role is critical to the overall EABL (K) short, medium and long-term strategy as it leads the implementation of the portfolio strategy and full breadth of execution of activities across priority Reserve and Scotch brands.
The role is expected to drive the total Scotch & Reserve business while providing leadership and coaching to JW Senior Brand Manager and Scotch Brand Manager with robust talent development interventions.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to manage and control the consistent profitable growth of the brands with the senior/brand manager while providing guidance on the brands’ long-term strategy and ensuring yearly plans and objectives are developed, implemented and achieved.
This role has the responsibility of providing leadership and direction to the Reserve Senior Brand Manager and Scotch Brand Manager as direct reports.
This role will also have leadership responsibilities in the areas below :-
- Work with the commercial teams to ensure their commitment and engagement in the plans, in order to deliver flawless execution.
- Inspire and motivate agencies to execute brilliantly – working pre-dominantly with promotions and media agencies.
- Be a brilliant line manager and leader for the senior & brand managers in your team.
- Champions brand agenda in Kenya to deliver MBPs.
- Evaluate key programmes to build learnings.
- Leads execution of the strategic marketing plans, with commitment and participation from key stakeholders, so as to achieve volume, mix, market share and profit objectives.
- Leads the development of the brands MBPs and ensures brand positioning is clear, consistent and distinctive.
- Champions the concept of brand equity in his/her brands.
- Leads the client/agency relationship and challenges the agency to ensure best possible output on the brand. Leads the agency to achieve innovative media plans which optimize the marketing budget and maximize impact.
- Leads the development of sound packaging changes, which optimize the brand’s message and image. Assesses packaging through a clear understanding of brand values, consumer motivations and the competitive context.
- Utilizes data to anticipate competitive and consumer trends, assesses strategic implications and optimizes business potential based on analysis.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 1st Degree in a business related field.
- CIM Qualifications
- Minimum 7+ years experience with a minimum 4 years experience in consumer marketing.
- Strong commercial exposure and understanding.
- High level of Emotional energy
- Enhanced Strategic penetration
- Strong people performance – able to inspire and mobilize people (both direct reports and a broad range of others) to deliver great results
- Strong project management skills – able to manage multiple projects, and execute them all well
- Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”.
- This purpose is in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.