Field Sales Representative
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
The trading environment of the FMCG category is changing from a pure commodity approach to brand and image building. Key Accounts are slowly emerging, which will result in specialization and concentration of decision power. To gain competitive advantage, enhance brand volume and profit performance, the trade marketing and distribution functions need to successfully implement EABL’s trade marketing and distribution standards.
Scope/Purpose of role:
To contribute to the performance of the Sales & Distribution organization by implementing and executing a Territory Sales & Distribution plan that meets brand, volume, merchandising and promotion objectives for each outlet in order to achieve the overall area or channel trade marketing objectives
The Field Sales Representative will cover the retail outlets on the basis of a pre-assigned route/plan.
- Develop and implement a territory trade marketing plan which meets the objectives of the area trade marketing plan in the areas of brand, volume, merchandising and promotion.
- Ensure that the territory distribution objectives of brand availability, stock holding and stock rotation are achieved.
- Ensure that price is in line with the company strategy
- Implement promotions, develop and execute merchandising programmes at POS with optimum use of resources and materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performance for the strategic brands.
- Provide market information and reports on performance of customers, brands and competition to ensure that the relevant marketing people are fully informed.
- Build loyalty by providing support to the trade through regular visits, accurate communication, problem solving, specialized advice and fair trade.
- Maintain accurate and relevant outlet information.
- To constantly monitor the achievement of yearly/cycle objectives through accurate reporting and feedback.
- Encourage adult consumers and retailers to buy EABL’s brands and strengthen brand loyalty.
- Manage financial accounts, assigned assets and material to ensure that trade marketing resources are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
In an environment where Direct Store Delivery activity is performed:
- Manage receivables and cash collection in line with the company policies and trading terms.
- Responsible for accurate invoicing procedures, materials or goods under his (her) control
- Product and market
- Supply chain and trade marketing principles
- Legislation and regulations on alcohol
- Marketing standards
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Educated to a graduate level
- Worked as a distribution / sales representative for a period of 2 years.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.