Employment Tax Manager, Africa
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
The Tax job family encompasses global roles accountable for the design and implementation of tax strategies, policies and the tax governance framework. It also includes the provision of tax support to Diageo’s business units, delivery of projects to create shareholder value, and proactive management and mitigation of key tax risks.
Purpose of the role
To partner with the business to drive the execution of the tax strategies, policies and governance framework across Diageo Africa. Proactively engage with business partners with a commercial mind-set to generate opportunities and to deliver robust tax risk management and mitigation plans. Support the business strategy and operational activity.
- The areas of the business you will support and who you will work with:
- To ensure the business meets all its compliance obligations the role will require extensive business partnering; demand high standards, anticipate problems and proactively support stakeholders to deal with challenges. The role will provide technical guidance on employment tax matters to HR (including Payroll), Reward, Global Tax and Global Mobility. Strong communication and influencing skills are required to ensure tax risks are mitigated and best practice is adopted throughout the regions.
- The role will report in to the Associate Director – Employment Tax.
- Diageo’s main locations in Africa are: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, South Africa, Ethiopia, Seychelles and Reunion.
- Financial dimensions: c28,000 employees with annual Employment Taxes of c£500m. In Africa there are c4,500 employees.
- Market Complexity: The role requires a comprehensive understanding of Employment Taxes and Social Security, ideally some knowledge of Share Schemes and Expatriate taxation. Knowledge of cross-jurisdictional employment tax & social security issues is preferred.
- Global Employment Taxes team
- Payroll teams
- Human Resources
- Global Mobility
- Pensions specialists
- Tax Authorities
- External Advisors
- Finance Directors
- Internal controls (CARM) team
- Company Secretarial/Shares teams
- Understand and engage in the management and monitoring of market employment tax and social security risks in Africa with line manager support.
- Advise, guide and educate stakeholders on key employment tax issues to enable the business to adopt and adhere to relevant tax policies and standards, and mitigate tax and reputational risk.
- Execute specific tax related processes/activities following agreed global standard processes and governance framework and identify opportunities for standardization and simplification.
- Support the employment tax compliance and reporting obligations of the markets.
- Provide tax support to market-initiated projects to ensure employment tax policies are adhered to and opportunities to deliver tax efficiencies are identified and fully evaluated.
- Support wider tax projects to mitigate employment tax risks.
- Provide support to the markets on employment tax and social security audits and tax enquiries.
- To ensure that the business is kept up to date with, and is made aware of, legislative changes in Africa, and to partner with the business to embed best practice and make certain that Diageo is both compliant and fully aware of opportunities to add value. This will include:
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.