The Demand Planner is responsible for all SAP APO statistical forecasting and data integrity activities. The planner will create baseline forecast models to support the monthly S&OP process. The demand planner will own and drive statistical forecast accuracy performance to achieve targets. They will collaborate with the DP Business Partner on history adjustments to drive robust statistical forecasts. The demand planner is responsible for data integrity, ensuring that the weekly forecast sent to Supply is applied to the correct sku/location.
Generate base line statistical demand forecast for at least 18 months rolling:
- Pro-actively works with the Demand Manager and the DP Business Partner, owning the statistical forecast and highlighting deviations to the shipment and/or depletion trends.
- Use and maintain the APO software as the primary forecasting system toolCollaborate with DP Business Partner on all forecast history cleaning activities including documenting adjustments and assumptions (market trends, seasonality, promotions).
- Maintain statistical parameters for “best fit” model & generate a baseline at least 18 month rolling.
- Maintain APO master data including CVC creation, disaggregation factors and attributes.
- Analyse outliers through appropriate reports and make corrections.
- Support scenario planning for promotions, innovation and major events (duty, economics change, etc.) through stat analysis.
- Provide reports and insights to stakeholders to maximise the use of baseline forecast.
Provide key input to S&OP/IBP process
- Participate where relevant in S&OP process to align upon consensus forecast.
- Review statistical input to Strategic Planning and AOP process and challenge projected growth based on historical
- Collaborate with Demand Business Partners to conduct root cause analysis to identify drivers of forecast error and
- work together to take the necessary corrective action to drive continuous improvement in forecast accuracy and bias performance.
Continuously improve statistical forecasting method:
- Test and implement new models
- Implement best practices
- Support system developments
Skills and Capabilities
- Baseline understanding of the end-to-end Supply Chain Planning processes; Supply Planning, Distribution
- Requirements Planning, Inventory Planning, Conversion, Logistics, Procurement and Customer Service
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics and/or forecasting methodologies with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision making skills
- Good communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Proficient in MS applications e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- 3 years’ experience working within the Demand and/or Supply Chain Planning process; Consumer Packaged Goods Industry preferred
- Experience with advanced planning software with Supply Planning (SAP APO system and Business Intelligence/BW
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in appropriate supply chain, mathematical, engineering, or business degree.
APICS CPIM / CSCP or equivalent desirable.
- Lack of analytical and planning skills
- Lack of effective and clear communication skills
- Inability to be proactive and focus energies on value added activities
- Inability to think in the future to anticipate problems and risks
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.