Customs and Excise Manager – Africa
About the role
This role Provides proactive, high quality specialist global trade & excise governance leadership to ensure the effective management of Diageo’s global trade affairs within the Africa Region. The role applies and executes Global CoE strategies and policies to manage and mitigate key risks.
- Participate in developing and executing strategies, policies, standards, guidelines for global trade management and drive adoption of, and adherence to, policies and standards.
- Provide specialist support on regional global trade issues and support the business by reviewing the implications of business-initiated projects to Diageo’s operational structure and value chain
- Participate in global trade projects to deliver shareholder value/manage potential exposures.
- Proactively support the delivery of the Global Trade CoE objectives aiming to standardise and simplify processes and procedures.
- Keep up to date with customs and excise regulatory changes and best practice; identify risks and opportunities and recommend actions.
- Experience of leadership within a Global Trade/Supply function in a global multinational
- Experience of providing domestic and cross border technical advice
- Effective project management and implementation skills
- Good team working and communication skills across diverse cultures
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.