Read more about this companyCommercial Planning & Activation Manager – Innovations
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Are you hungry for a big opportunity? Do you yearn for a fast-moving, entrepreneurial culture? Do you measure success by what you do as much as what you say?
This role is located within the KBL Sales department in Customer Marketing. It is critical to the overall KBL short, medium and long-term strategy through leadership of the development of the commercial launch strategies for innovations brands, brilliant execution of these strategies and plans to deliver on the business ambition for all projects. The job holder is expected to have a high ability to work with cross functional teams and develop great relationships both internally with staff and externally with customers to deliver on business outcomes.
The job holder works closely with the Head of Innovations, Innovations Project Managers, Divisional Sales Managers, Area Business Development Managers, Territory Management Representatives and KBL Distributor Partners. The position is office based with the job holder expected to spend atleast 25% of their working time in trade.
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the role is to apply powerful customer and shopper insights to develop best in class innovations commercial strategies and programs to be built into the innovations gate papers detailing the standards of execution by channel for each project and driving the flawless execution of these strategies and programs to deliver the business ambition and beat the competition.
Innovations Project BTL Budget
EABL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrant of new players in the total adult beverage category. This necessitates the need for pro-active business approach. The national distribution structure within the Kenyan alcohol market is key to EABLs delivery of both volume growth and market share.
Market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable incomes and opening up of the economic trading blocks allowing in flow of products from other markets. Consumers are becoming more sophisticated. This requires proactive selling to maximise company market share. Trade is evolving and being more sophisticated especially at retail level.
Be Authentic: Build and sustain trust with others to create great relationships cross functionally and with customers
Find Solutions: Think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities. Generate ideas and look for commercial insights that will drive value
Consistently Deliver Great Performance: Demonstrate a deep personal accountability for great performance while staying focused on priorities. Demonstrate brilliant execution, be thorough and apply high standards in everything you and do
Grow Yourself: Look for and respond to feedback.
- Best in class commercial strategies and plans and commercial tool-kits are delivered for each project
- Accurate forecasting for new innovation brands (both bottom up as well as top down forecasts)
- Applies powerful customer and shopper insights to innovations projects
- Search & spin opportunities across categories are commercialized with pace and excellence
SMART KPIs are set for each Project
- The execution of commercial launch plans is delivered with excellence
- Commercial teams and customers are engaged to flawlessly execute innovation launches and sales programs
- Builds alignment and c reates clear ways of working with other functions
- Troubleshoots issues and supports interventions when needed
- Leads performance conversations to affect positive change and growth
- Develops mitigation plans to ensure delivery of innovations AOP
- L eads ongoing tracking of KPIs
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A Business related degree
- Aleast 5 years experience in a commercial role
- Very commercially astute, understands key commercial drivers
- Competent in P&L management
- Strong consumer and customer marketing/sales capabilities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Engaging presentation capability
- Highly skilled in fostering commitment and creating alignment across consumer and customer agendas
- Ability to work with ambiguity and at pace on multiple projects
- Sufficient gravitas to present to and influence key stakeholders at senior levels
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Education Development Trust transforms lives around the globe by improving schools and school systems. We work with governments or with clusters of schools to effect positive change and our specialist knowledge means we deliver - and design - effective, far-reaching, sustainable education solutions.