Reporting to: National Department Manager, Programmes & Projects.
General areas of responsibility: The position holder will be responsible for the overall implementation of the ‘Vijana Vuka na Afya’ (VIVA-ITH) and will take lead in providing project management & coordination, relationship building, partnership and networking with key partners to ensure the realisation of VIVA – ITH project objectives.
In addition, the position holder will oversee the Project Monitoring and Evaluation and ensure adherence to high standards of project management and donor reporting.
The position holder will work in close cooperation with the Country Office National Department Manager-Programmes and projects, to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the project while cooperating closely with all other Country Office team coordinators to effectively link project implementation, monitoring & reporting and communication of DSW youth empowerment.
Overall VIVA –ITH Project Management, Coordination & Leadership;
- Coordinate overall project implementation, management, monitoring and supervision in close collaboration with the National Department Manager, Programmes and Projects.
- Lead the preparation, review and periodic revision of detailed country-level implementation plans, monitor and respond to performance and be responsible for driving communication between the partners, stakeholders and Donors.
- Oversight the preparation and execution of VIVA-ITH project costed work plans, conduct project budget expenditure monitoring.
- In collaboration with the National Team Coordinators (Advocacy, Communication, Evaluation & Research) ensure evidence generated from the project counties informs national level advocacy engagements between Non State
- Actors and decision makers; and participate in national level consultations around relevant policies and strategies.
- Undertake periodic visits to project areas to backstop challenges and ensure project implementation is on course.
- In consultation with the National Department Manager, Programmes and Projects manage all the Communication with the contractors, donors and ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Coordinate and lead the preparation of quality and timely project reports in accordance with the contractual and donor requirements.
Partner Coordination, & Relationship Building;
- Coordinating the project implementing partners, ensuring partner activities are aligned and implemented efficiently and effectively in order to meet targets and deliver value for money.
- Management of Stakeholder relations and engagement – the project works closely with the Directorate of Youth,
- County Government-department of Health, Youth Enterprise Development Fund (YEDF), National Industrial
- Training Authority (NITA) in addition to working with the donor and other development partners.
- Lead and oversee partner coordination & communication in the project sites and at national level; participate in stakeholder meetings including the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and Project Steering Committee (PSC) at the national level and undertake periodic internal project reviews and reflections.
- Maintain donor relationships and ensure efficient and effective communication with all the project funders.
Budget oversight and Management;
- Provide project budget oversight and track activity implementation.
- Lead the preparation and management of costed work plans for the project.
Monitoring & Evaluation;
- In conjunction with Trigerrise, participate in the development and implementation of a service provider accreditation system and support the continuos assessment of the technical quality and safety of services for continuos improvement of youth empowermnet programmes.
- In Collaboration with Triggerisse, ensure monthly data generation through the platform & analsyis, tracking and feedback and; ensure this information is well captured in DSW monitoring platfforms for use in DSW overall programming.
- Coordinate the generation and documentation of good practises, lessons and actions for lesson learning and knowledge sharing to profile project outcomes with a special focus on youth empowerment.
- Provide technical support and backstopping for the project Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Coordinate internal DSW (cross departments, offices and teams) and external cooperation and interaction in regard to research and knowledge management issues of Youth Empowerment.
Team supervision & coordination;
- Provide support supervision for project staff.
- Conduct appraisals, performance reviews and implement professional development plans for Project staff.
- Collaborate closely with the relevant partners and departments to ensure seamless processes such as accreditation of suppliers/ facilities, procurements, & reimbursements.
- In collaboration with the National department manager represent DSW overall perspectives and interests to external and internal stakeholders.
- In collaboration with National department manager and the National Team Coordinator, Communications, support DSW engagement with media for visibility and profiling.
- Support the resource mobilisation efforts to ensure continued resourcing of DSW Programmes.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Experience;
- Masters’ Degree in Social Sciences, or related field.
- Post graduate training in Project Management, monitoring & evaluation and related fields an added advantage.
- Must have prior working experience of not less than 5 years in an NGO setting, leading and managing complex projects.
- Good understanding of youth and women empowerment and Reproductive health issues.
- Good networking and capacity building skills, good communication skills.
- Hands on project management experience and reporting for international donors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Team management abilities.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- High level of personal integrity
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your current and expected salary) with the reference “Project Coordinator-VIVA” or “Project Officer-Mombasa” or “Project Officer-Nairobi” or “Project Officer-Kisumu” or “Project Assistant-VIVA” clearly indicated in the email subject line
Deadline for application: 4th May, 2021 COB.
Ideal start date: Immediate.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This position is open to persons who are Kenyan Citizens or those with the right to work in Kenya.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.
About Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung (DSW)
DSW (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung) (German: Deutsche Stiftung WeltbevÃ¶lkerung) is an international non-governmental organisation addressing Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) and population dynamics. DSW funds its project and advocacy work from private donations and the financial support of governments, foundations and other organisations. It has its headquarters in Hannover, Germany.