IT Infrastructure Engineer
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Africa Technology Services team as an IT Infrastructure Engineer. The holder of this position will act as a focal point for all Data Centre Infrastructure within the company.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all the systems, within the IT environment.
- Maintain hardware, operating systems, application deployment, virtualization and storage.
- Ensure all systems are checked daily and running at optimum levels.
- Enforce, monitor and report to the GIS Infrastructure Manager on the health status of systems, in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Provide in-depth technical advice and investigations for recurring issues and problem calls.
- Ensure that no unauthorized changes are made to any of the systems.
- Ensure that changes made to systems are clearly defined, planned and approved.
- Ensure that only authorized entities are allowed to exchange information within all systems.
- Ensure that audit trails are enabled to satisfy audit/incident response needs.
- Ensure technical architectures that relate to all systems are up to date.
- Monitor and review event logs.
- Ensure systems are managed and maintained in a secure manner.
- Review and deploy software updates.
- Maintain up to date configuration baseline standards for the production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related field.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience managing a windows server environment with virtualization.
- HP hardware certifications, HP storage (beneficial).
- Microsoft certified solutions expert (MCSE).
- Knowledge in Microsoft system center configuration manager (SCCM) is a plus.
- HYPER-V and/or VMWARE proficiency preferred.
Key Performance areas
- Strategic Impact – Under minimal guidance, supports the team in the delivery of services to clients in line with the defined strategic objectives.
- Client Impact: External / Internal – Works collaboratively with own team and that of the client service line/area to deliver quality service in allocated tasks.
- Operational Effectiveness – With minimal supervision, completes designated tasks for review by line, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Development/Growth of Team – Actively works to address identified development areas.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
- Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
- Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
- Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.