Head of Programmes – MESPT
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience 10 years
Job Field Project Management
Our client, Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT), is a development organization mandated to support sustainable economic growth and development of Small Holder Farmers, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), through a value chain approach and offers sustainable credit to financial institutions for improved business competitiveness and job creation.
MESPT is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and results-oriented individual to take up the position of Head of Programmes.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Programmes will be responsible for the implementation, overall management, and reporting of all programmes executed by MESPT. The jobholder will design and implement Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) efforts across all the programmes and will coordinate technical grant writing.
- Provide lead in planning, formulation, and implementation of all programme strategies, including design of programmes in line with MESPT’s Vision, Mission, Thematic priorities and programme guidelines;
- Support the CEO in programme fundraising, identifying new areas of need and potential areas for programme development and coordinating grant writing;
- Manage MESPT programmes, monitor and maintain programme compliance with donor requirements, MESPT’s policy guidelines and ensure responsible and ethical business engagement with all MESPT’s stakeholders;
- Design, implement, and manage rigorous Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) approaches and strategies in support of new business development;
- Foster good working relationship with stakeholders including government, civil society, private sector, and beneficiaries;
- Ensure good planning (annual, quarterly, and monthly) and execution of all programme implementation processes, including preparation of timely investment reports for the programmes;
- Oversee the implementation of Risk Management framework on all the programmes and ensure expenditure and budget tracking are compliant with programme scope, MESPT and donor guidelines and requirements;
- Ensure adherence to timelines for all organization and donor reports, proposals and annual institutional workplans;
- Manage performance of Programme Managers and Technical Advisors and facilitate capacity development for all programme staff;
- Mentor and coach direct reports as part of people management, including timely comprehensive performance appraisals to ensure MESPT attracts and retains the best talent; and
- Represent MESPT at national and international levels to donors, local and national government authorities, other NGOs, and any other parties as required.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Development Management, Economics, Business
- Administration or equivalent, and a Master’s degree in related field;
- Must have post graduate qualification in Project Management;
- Certification in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage;
- Must possess ten (10) years’ of practical, relevant work experience in Programme Management, with not less than
- five (5) years in a senior leadership position;
- Have demonstrable experience in leading development or donor funded projects and managing multiple donor projects; and
- Must be a strong team player with demonstrable experience in leading Programme teams.
Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Duly completed and signed First Schedule (S.13) Self Declaration form from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), a Valid Certificate of Tax Compliance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), a Valid
- Compliance Certificate or Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), a Valid Certificate of
- Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), and a report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.