Job Type Full Time
Experience 4 years
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Finance team as a General Accountant. The holder of this position will be responsible for recording financial transactions into the general ledger for Kenya companies, preparation of monthly general ledger reconciliations, management of intercompany accounts and execution of financial controls relating to General ledger.
Minimum Requirements :
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business/Commerce/Finance.
- Minimum four years’ experience in Accounting/ Finance.
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA).
- Experience with SAP ERP.
Technical/ Behavioural Competencies
- Effective client interaction, analysis and project management skills.
- Experience in drafting of presentations and reports for review.
- Proficient in SAP HANA.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Excel, power point.
- Basic financial knowledge and understanding.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Desire to develop self.
- Client delivery focus.
- Focus on quality and awareness of risk.
- Problem solving ability.
- Displays business acumen.
- Perform month-end closure of the General Ledger.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Process month journals for provisions, accruals and allocation of prepayment accounts.
- Perform direct and indirect cost allocations.
- Assist teams with queries in respect of financial issues related to their departments.
- Assist in preparation of monthly results reporting pack and commentary.
- Accounting for fixed asset depreciation and capitalisation of fixed assets.
- Preparation of supporting documentation for internal and regulatory audits.
- Liaison with regional offices and accounting for intercompany transactions.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and other regional reports.
- Responsible for execution of financial controls relating to the General ledger.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Deloitte Consulting
Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.