Electrical Design Engineer
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldEngineering / Technical
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of Water and Energy solutions in the region. The Group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, DRC and Zimbabwe. The company has a total complement of over 800 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region and seeks to fill the position of Electrical Design Engineer.
The principal job tasks being as follows: –
- Design control panels for assembly using ACADE/EPLAN.
- Customize PLC/HMI programs to suit customer requirements.
- Create documentation such as specifications, SOPs, drawings, instruction manuals and BOMs.
- Assist Production Team in addressing emerging technical challenges and material sourcing.
- Supervising and commissioning engineering works and projects.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes: –
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Electrical Design & Engineering.
- Holders of an Upper 2nd Class honours degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field from a recognized institution.
- Experience using Electrical Design Software such as ACADE/EPLAN and programming Siemens/SE PLCs and HMIs.
- Project management skills including ability to organize, schedule, prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of any of the following will be an added advantage: IoT, Network fundamentals, Computer
- Programming, Agile methodologies.
- Strong relational intelligence, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of specialists in the Water and Energy sectors which have significant potential for future growth. The job will provide a challenging and stimulating work environment with excellent growth opportunities for the successful candidates.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Davis & Shirtliff Group
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water related equipment in the East African region. Founded in 1946, business activities are focused on six principal product sectors - Water Pumps, Boreholes, Swimming Pools, Water Treatment, Generators and Solar Equipment. The group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan and a partnership in Ethiopia.