DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Project Coordinator – Sustainable pyrethrum market system development project in Kenya(Daisy) Project. The position is based in Nakuru, with frequent field travel within Nakuru, Nyandarua, West Pokot and Elgeyo Marakwet Counties and reports to the Area Programme Manager – Nakuru Office. The Daisy project is a 42-month intervention that aims at contributing to a sustainable business eco-system, improved and resilient livelihoods for smallholder farmers and workers engaged in the pyrethrum sub-sector in Kenya.
The main responsibilities of the Project Coordinator are:
- Lead in the coordination and day to day implementation of the project including delivery of DCA-led project activities, budget oversight, work planning and reporting. This entails development and execution of detailed implementation plans, having a teaching and facilitative role, staff supervision as well as monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Technical lead in partners capacity building and training onthematic areas of financial inclusion, enterprise development, community savings and loaning schemes, including content generation, training and follow-up, and support in deployment of training to target project beneficiaries.
- Facilitate DCA initiated innovation initiatives at the field level in close consultations with the Area Programme
- Manager, Head of Programme, DCA consortium partners and relevant key stakeholders. These will include digitising key elements in the pyrethrum value chain interventions by DCA and partners as well as improving technical solutions in reducing pre & post-harvest losses.
- Ensure that all financial and narrative reporting (internal and external) are completed in a timely and accurate manner (including quarterly reports covering systems and projects, donor reports, etc.)
- Network and coordinate with other field operational I/NGOs, UN Agencies and County Government and explore/advise on possible areas of collaboration/partnerships to enhance program synergy.
- Facilitate, support and initiate digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other assessments and generate relevant reports as well as support concept paper development at the field level as part of DCA fundraising efforts.
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learning among DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Area Programme Manager.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Area Programme Manager from time to time.
- University level education in business, development studies, social sciences or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Technical and demonstratable skills and hands on experience us a master trainer on economic empowerment (including aspects of business and enterprise development, financial literacy and financial inclusion, responsible business conduct and/or corporate social responsibility).
- Demonstrable expertise in agri-business support, organisational capacitydevelopment and intensive lobbying and advocacy aimed at enhancing economic empowerment of smallholder farmers.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
- Operational knowledge of working in the pyrethrum sub-sector is an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About DanChurchAid (DCA)
DanChurchAid's aim is to strengthen the world’s poorest people in their struggle for a life in dignity. Our work is based on a Christian view of humanity with respect for every individual’s rights and equal worth. DanChurchAid is rooted in the Danish National Evangelical Lutheran Church, but is active wherever we find the need is highest, regardless of religion, gender, political beliefs, race, national or ethnic origins, handicaps or sexual orientation.