Team Leader and Policy Dialogue Expert (KE 1)
Brief Description Of The Project
The overall objective of the project is to promote sustainable and inclusive development by strengthening the cooperation and partnership dialogue between the European Union (EU), its Member States, and the Republic of Kenya.
It will contribute to the implementation of the European Joint Cooperation Strategy with Kenya 2018-2022, which builds on Kenya’s own development strategy, notably the Vision 2030, the Third Medium-Term Plan (MTP III), and the Political Manifesto of the current Jubilee government, the “Big Four Agenda”. It will also contribute to the United Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, to effective financing for development, and to Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) implementation capacity.
Brief description of the assignment for Key expert 1: Team Leader and Policy Dialogue Expert :
Key Tasks Include In Particular
- Achievement of the project’s objectives and expected results;
- Efficient coordination of project activities, including coordination and synergies with the implementation of the
- Joint Cooperation Strategy between EU and Kenya, and with the EU Delegation’s communication strategy;
- Sound management of the budget entrusted to the PMU;
- Communication around the EU-Kenyan Dialogue Facility under the guidance of the Contracting Authority, the
- Programme Steering Committee, and the Executive Committee
- Administrative management of the PMU office; organizational and managerial aspects of the PMU for the Dialogue Facility;
- Reporting in line with the schedule. Oral reporting and participation in internal drafting sessions;
- The Team Leader will be requested to perform under pressure with tight deadlines, to represent and present the work of the Dialogue Facility to the EU Delegation as well as to third parties, in the English language.
Commencement date of the project: June/July 2021
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in at least one of the following disciplines: economics, international relations, political science, public relations, or business administration. In the absence of a Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree in at least one of the disciplines above, and a total of 2 years in addition to the required General professional experience
General Professional Experience
- At least 10 years of experience of team leading positions in the context of policy dialogue, ODA-funded projects, capacity building, or the strengthening of diplomatic relations
Specific Professional Experience
- At least 3 years’ uninterrupted working experience from being posted in low or middle income, or least developed countries is required (reference of countries as per OECD list);
- Work experience in Sub-Saharan countries is an asset;
- Practical knowledge of Kenyan Government development policies is an asset;
- Practical knowledge of EU policies for development cooperation and EU-Africa relations are assets.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About DAI Kenya - Development Alternatives, Inc.
DAI is a global development company working on the frontlines of international development consulting. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies.